Allstars or 9's

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
Seen this on LU with many posters agreeing that the Allstars concept may be dying a slow death.
For those that are asking what are 9's basically the same as 7's but with 9 players.
So my question is this why not an Indigenious 9 side and get the best of both worlds?

They could set it up like this:

1-16 NRL teams
Indigenious
Maori
Islanders(Fijians, Tongans, Samoans etc)
Affilated States (Western Australia, Victoria, South Australia, NT)

If it becomes really successful then invite the Northern Hemisphere teams in

I loved the world 7's.
How good would our 9's team be.
My 9's team.

Snake
Gift
Foran
Watmough
Matai
T-Rex
Lyon
DCE
Lussick

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
I suppot the ll stars games. I used to attend all the old 7's games. I think this is the way to go in the future with greater exposure of the League. A 7's or 9's would be a great weekend for any sports fan.

7s > 9s

7s team writes itself though

Snake
Wolf
Lyon
Matai
DCE
Foran
T Rex

9s include Watmough and Oldfield

Allstars is a boring concept based on racism

I have seen footage of the 7s and i think it is awesome, Could alternate between hosting it in QLD and NSW each year as well as NZ or VIC (if interest existed).

My oldman told me some teams didn't take the 7s seriously though back in the day and just threw up nobody teams as they didn't want to risk their high profile players, would need to stop this from happening for it to be truly successful.

The Eagle said:
7s > 9s

Snake
Wolf
Lyon
Matai
DCE
Foran
T Rex

No gifty, your kidding!!!

King said:
The Eagle said:
7s > 9s

Snake
Wolf
Lyon
Matai
DCE
Foran
T Rex

No gifty, your kidding!!!

Game would be to fast for him today, its not a knock he just isn't that fast

Kiwi eagle

a question why wouldnt you have DCE in your nines side?

His ability to dummy and run the ball would be insane in 9s

I remember oh so well that the 7's was sponsored by Coke and Manly won it being sponsored by Pepsi!

Always enjoyed the 7's, beats me why it was ever axed, good way to prepare some younger players and good way for them to get on the radar before the season too. generally a game for the smaller / faster type player so less high impact chance of injury and you dont need to field all your stars, they could make a great weekend in the pre-season, fri / sat all your rounds of the 7's, sunday all the finals as a curtain raiser to the all stars game, players picked in that obviously don't play in 7's. incorporate a few additional novelties like sprint races, goal kicking comps and whatever else works for entertainment and i'm sure would attract great crowds and TV audience too. no reason can't have both the all stars and a 7's comp, with a big name sponsor on board im sure clubs would enjoy chance to play for some additional prize money for the ol' bank account.

Cambo said:
Kiwi eagle

a question why wouldnt you have DCE in your nines side?

His ability to dummy and run the ball would be insane in 9s

Eh ? lol

I have an old video around somewhere of the 1994 Sevens that we won, was a **** hot side, from memory it was

Ridge
Moore
Hill
Elsegood
Oljenik
Toovey
Menzies
Cunnigham and a couple of others

Napper said:
The Eagle said:
How so?? Does that mean the WC is also a racist concept?? Olympics test matches etc...

You must be related to a aboriginal to play for one team and have no aboriginal in you for the other

So essentially its aboriginals vs the world,stupid concept as we're supposedly one nation

Goldie said:
I remember oh so well that the 7's was sponsored by Coke and Manly won it being sponsored by Pepsi!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbTtA0A8YAQ

What a side

Goldie said:

Yeah, I remember that too.

I went to nearly every 7s tournament. I lost my voice cheering "CLIFFY" for two days straight, even when they weren't playing. The Sevens died because clubs wouldn't support it and the days themselves were becoming a little unruly towards the end. Too many people drinking for 2 days and by the end there was that many pitch invasions and people trying to steal the corner posts it was getting a bit beyond a joke.

Still though, I wouldn't mind seeing it resurrected. I remember watching the 9s in Super League. Didn't like the concept but maybe that's because of the teams involved.

Used to love the 7's

I remember Hoskings I think it was came to our school once and someone asked him why he wasn't in the 7's he burst out laughing and said he was too fat and too slow hahahahaha

I remember the US getting flogged all the time and in one game, they just basically switched to NFL and threw a massive pass from like halfway to right near the posts

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6