ALP Response to Brookie Up Grade

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Here is the ALP reponse, the liberals (Bronnie) have not had the decency to reply as yet

Make up your own minds

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for taking the time to email me, just so you know both Hugh and I are aware of the importance of funding this facility. I am also aware the state Labor Govt is prepared to kick in if Federal funding is supplied.

I realise it is easy for Mr Abbott to offer this money at the 11th hour because locally he is under extreme pressure for not doing enough in his electorate.

Hugh and I have stated our view that if either of us were elected we would be in a prime position to secure the required funding.

At this late stage in the election it would be irresponsible of us to claim otherwise and all we can promise to anyone is our committment to doing what ever we can to making sure the Eagles stay right where they are but in a far better facility.

We have been promised a meeting onsite with the Shadow Sports Minister because it is important thats she sees the state of ground as it is now, but as she is Canberra based and is busy with her own campaign committments we have to try and fit in with her schedule.

We will be keeping the public informed via the Manly Daily as to our progress.

Regards

Chris Sharpe

At least he admits and is tranparent about the obvious bobbing lure ploy employed by politicians, and has the intestinal fortitude to claim he wouldn't do the same. Kudos.

He is also right about the inefficiency of the current local leaders inability to attain funding for basic things like infrastructure for example on The Northern Beaches.

I mean, how much DOES it cost to employ/invest in a bloody town planner for goodness sakes?

I think Abbott is concerned that his obvious inaction is now being highlighted.

Even if they said that they would give us $9m it would matter because when labor get in they will just change it all anyway - Peter Garrett.

CW - labor are not in government yet. Give them time. I am sure they will break plenty over the next 3 years.

I heard that the libs are bringing John Kerr back out of retirement. Just so he can get ready to sack the labor government if they win. :lol:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7