Always the victim and its never their fault

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Gosh here we go again, the cow pokes lose another big game and its every one elses fault.

The moaning and whinging has become incessant from them and a annoying trait of their club.

If you examine the facts of Friday game it is obvious that Manly got a big call in the Foran try. The cows had the game won and would have been out of sight if they have not frittered away 3 easy goal kicks.

The semi final they refer to is about the hand of god try, well in that game that was a dud call as was the cows 2nd try coming from an illegal strip of the ball and consequent forward pass.

NQ have to learn that losing is a part of winning. For them to demand a public apology from the NRL is laughable.

Manly had some things go against them last year and issued their protests privately to the NRL,

The cowpokes are fast becoming the new whingers of the comp and next week they play the whinger derby v the whining worms.

I used to have a soft spot for them and enjoyed watching them play.

Now I enjoy seeing them lose. Continual whinging and complaining. Even saying referees favour sydney teams. Really? Melbourne and the QLD Maroons seem to be doing ok then...

Brent Tate is a complete grub. I despise him. Couldn't believe the way he carried on when he lost the ball after Matai hit him with a good textbook tackle.

Stuff NQ, they're whinging scum. I'll be happy to see us beat them with a dodgy call every time we play them. Couldn't care less.

What do you mean fast becoming the new whingers of the comp? I thought they already were.

Fact remains that they will never win a premiership, Thurston or not, if the players around him are mostly average at best. But they'll continue to blame the referees for their own shortcomings.

They have every reason and right to whinge. Just the same way we do about last years GF.

Yes, they have a right to whinge about the bad calls but as stated, we had some bad decisions go against us and I would always say that the better team on the day won.

Clint said:
They have every reason and right to whinge. Just the same way we do about last years GF.

We're honoured that you think us forumites whinging is on the same level as the captain of an nrl team, with media crowded around him recording and publishing every word, disrespecting the officials both on and off the field and publicly claiming conspiracies.

Actually, we're probably a level above as we can concede if we get a lucky break but jt can't comprehend the illegal strip and forward pass (from last year).

As....compared to you I'm in exalted company....I think I deserve one of your stars!

:cool:

So according to the Sunday footy show ironsteins. This decision cost the Cowboys the game because they would have closed the game out if we hadn't scored then. Are these assclowns for real or what. It was 9 minutes to go when we scored the "Obstruction" try. Hello morons the Cows had the lead with 3 minutes to go and couldn't close the game out. Wake up and smell the s**t you lot dribble out please.

bones said:
There's 3 things I wish for in the finals series this year.

1. A Manly Grand final win.
2. Souths to lose the GF Qualifier.
3. A referee error to knock the cowboys out.

In recent years we have made a habit of slowly building during the year and then blasting teams away, knocking out their confidence on the eve of the semis.

This year, we don't have any big name matches after round 22. But mark your calendars for the away game against the cowgirls in round 26. Should be a beauty. That game, I predict, won't be a case of "we wuz robbed". Got a feeling we will give them a royal smacking on their home turf to make a statement to them and all others. Can't wait.

bones said:

I'm just hoping to see Souths win another charity shield.

Video ref decision aside, the fact remains that the Cows led 20-10 midway through the second half. If they were a better side I dare say they would have won the game. They simply could not put us away when they needed to.

Same as their Qualifying final loss to Cronulla last year. That 7th tackle try was the Sharks first of the game from memory. The Cows twice hit the lead during the game after that but could not finish them off.

If they were good enough they would have won both of those games. They weren't good enough.

sheridanstand78 said:
Freddy Fittler was the only voice of logic when the news limited goose said it cost the cowpokes the game, he said that after that they made mistakes after the field goal that cost them the game.

News limited are so biased against us. Then again the cowpokes were a super league team, figures!!
Agree. Also, in their Good, Bad, Ugly thing,
MacDougall made the point the Cowboys kicking was ugly & would've won it had they got it right.

wedgetail eagle said:
sheridanstand78 said:
Freddy Fittler was the only voice of logic when the news limited goose said it cost the cowpokes the game, he said that after that they made mistakes after the field goal that cost them the game.

News limited are so biased against us. Then again the cowpokes were a super league team, figures!!
Agree. Also, in their Good, Bad, Ugly thing,
MacDougall made the point the Cowboys kicking was ugly & would've won it had they got it right.

Didn't we kick 3/5. Surely the same illogic applies. If we'd kicked all our goals we win so there :p

bones said:

I want those but I also want
4. Chooks knocked out with a try from an obvious forward pass being the difference.

I vividly recall a GF in 2013 when manly had a lead and then went on to lose. They claimed some forward pass or something. What bunch of whingers.:)

Roger_Ramjet said:
I vividly recall a GF in 2013 when manly had a lead and then went on to lose. They claimed some forward pass or something. What bunch of whingers.:)

Do you also remember whinging about an 11-2 penalty count a month ago? Every team gets ripped off, and every team's fans whinge.
Toovey and the Manly players didn't say a word after the grand final.

We can expect the next generation of junior league players coming through North Queensland, who look up to JT, will be blaming the world, screaming conspiracy, whinging incessantly when things dont go their way.

This will be Thurston's legacy. Well done Jonathan.

Staff online

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7