An experience, I guess

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
This time last year I was on a holiday in paris, and watched our first game of these season, knowing I would be returning to Australia to watch the rest.

In the morning (9am my time) I will be watching my first Manly game in Amsterdam.

I'll be watching with a heavy heart as I want to be there, at least be in Australia watching the footy with passionate and amazing people who love this mighty club and great game as much as I do.

I knew what the experience was like watching from afar as Hervey Bay was as good as watching from the 1970's it was that bad.

I now sympathise with all our fans scattered across the globe, and now realise how valuable this website is to be able to stay in touch as though I was reading the Manly Daily every single day like many of you who have that luxury. Realising how hard it is to be so far away from friends and family and all that is familiar. Being so far from brookie, but getting all the information and manly passion and spirit I grew up with. It is somewhat of an epiphany for me to realise just what this site is now and I am so glad to be a part of it.

I cant wait to make it back one day soon for a game and each of you that can attend today your time, should stop a moment to consider us expats who have to watch at 720p being so close to the action but so far away

Bring on 2014, enjoy it my Eagle loving friends and lets thumb our noses at them all and take out another.

Go you mighty mighty sea eagles!

Dan ,
You & your site have been invaluable for me .
Been in the Rockies for 12 years now & haven't missed a game yet.
(3 hr delay most games though ,so don't turn internet on.
If your are only watching Manly games now (which I do) You will notice your tipping skills get worse ,the longer you are away !!!
Also ,don't look at Facebook either ,someone always gives the score up...
Thanks again......

I too worked OS in the 80s and 90s and still regret missing the 78 GF :(

But thanks to the Eagle Illuminate, we are now joined across the globe in real time.:angel:

We at Brookie will cheer on all your behalfs !

Its anothet flawless day 25C, a bit of a Westerly blowing but humidity gone down.

A balmy Brookie evening of exhiliration awaits :)

Win Manly Big!

HappilyManly said:
Its anothet flawless day 25C, a bit of a Westerly blowing but humidity gone down.

big talk of actual sun and double figures here tomorrow, we'll see. I have big plans to go sign a new lease at oosterpark at some time tomorrow besides that Ill be either celebrating a win, or hating the world due to a loss, better buy some scotch either way

Have you checked out this amazing invention in your neck of the woods -www.strandbeest.com?

Manly will win at the Fortress, to prove the existence of Cliffy :cool:

no, but he has an exhibition in The Hague soon, I need to go to renew my Aussie Passport, so may as well go check him out. They look quite cool.....still the beach here?
Are you made, I dont even like checking the mail

Dan said:
I knew what the experience was like watching from afar as Hervey Bay was as good as watching from the 1970's it was that bad.

Dan, your wrong! I was watching and playing lower grades in the 1970's and it doesn't get any better than that. 72, 73, 76, 78.

Oh only NOW Dan sympathises with us overseas fans.

sheesh.

TOTAL EYEROLL :p

In 1 month I'll be back living in London and pulling my weight on the forum for the nightshift crew. You're right Dan, it's so valuable for us o/s fans. There's no better way to connect with Sea Eagles news and culture, as well as other like minded Manly fans

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6