and it begins again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
In a couple weeks time Anthony Milford will get selected to play for Samoa - play in a game that helps them qualify for the 4 Nations and then turn around and declare his intent of playing for Qld (granted he was born in Brisbane)(- in the hope of a quick buck) therefore declare his intent to play for Australia and never get picked for them.

Samoa then at the end of this if they beat Fiji will play the likes of Australia, New Zealand and England in the four nations with out one of their best players and here's the stupid part about it he'll never get selected for Origin either - same with Mead.
IMHO it's time to sever the link between Australia and Origin (Origin when it went to two refs etc become nothing more then a glorified exhibition game, if they're going to play it under the guise as a selection tool for Australia play it under International rules) ie if your eligible to play Origin and another Country so be it ie Foran NSW and New Zealand.

And people wonder why International league is a joke, with the ARLC not helping anyone but themselves

We need to help the emerging nations. It maintains their interest in RL.

Plus its like the City v Country, gives fringe Players a chance to play with new Coaches and combinations :)

The RLWC was fun and they even made a decent profit to boot.

I think you can only nominate for second tier nations in World Cup years. If he plays for Samoa I don't think he can then nominate for QLD

HappilyManly said:
We need to help the emerging nations. It maintains their interest in RL.

Plus its like the City v Country, gives fringe Players a chance to play with new Coaches and combinations :)

The RLWC was fun and they even made a decent profit to boot.

Everyone loves the RLWC because they adopt another country as well as their own :D

NRL won't fund Joey and Freddy's trip to the island nations in fear that only select clubs will get the talent.

Easily fixed, NRL could put in a limit on how many EN Players a Club can have on its Roster. Like we had with International Players back in the day :idea:

HappilyManly said:
Easily fixed, NRL could put in a limit on how many EN Players a Club can have on its Roster. Like we had with International Players back in the day :idea:

I'd love to see more Welsh and French players plying their trade in the NRL.
It'd help them no end.

Speaking of French player's has Remi Casty played for Newtown yet?

Know he played in the WCC for the Roosters

The RLF helps the RLEF out so the here's my question why doesn't the ARLC do the same for the Pacific?

We could have a test series involving the Island nations every year plus a new type of 'Emu' - (for those playing at home Emu's played games that the test teams weren't involved in) as in real bush footy players and affiliated states.
New Zealand 'A' could be made up of players not quite up to Kiwi status

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6