And T-Rex's new nickname is....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
...Obi Wan Kenobi.

Well it should be after he used the Jedi mind trick on the City selectors.

How the hell did he get a start ?
He has been woeful....and I'm being generous.

He has to be picked in that game

It is in NSW best interests to try and get the bloke on form, if he finds form and could come off the bench in Origin he could give Qld huge trouble, we've all seen what the bloke can produce (pre back injury anyway)

The key is goin to be unlocking that form and hoping something clicks

He is one of the few who have the ability to get NSW to win this thing once and for all.

Dropping him will not do any good.

Lets face it Clive Churchill would look ordinary in that Dogs side.

Dorathy The Dinosaur.

Fair Dinkum how the hell does he get selected he's been woeful?

It just goes to show you what a waste of time City V Country is it should be scrapped.

The Eagle Has Landed said:
Dorathy The Dinosaur.

Fair Dinkum how the hell does he get selected he's been woeful?

It just goes to show you what a waste of time City V Country is it should be scrapped.

I don't know. I thought some of the previous posters raised some good points. Did you just read the headline & sprout your thoughts? Sounds like a Tele reader. Of course no Manly supporter would read that rag. Right, people?

Kiwi Eagle said:

It is in NSW best interests to try and get the bloke on form, if he finds form and could come off the bench in Origin he could give Qld huge trouble, we've all seen what the bloke can produce (pre back injury anyway)

I hope your being sarcastic Kiwi or that is one long bow your drawing there.

Jatz Crackers said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Nope not sarcastic mate

Let's says Watmough, Lewis and Bird are the backrow for NSW

They need 1-2 back rowers on the bench, who is going to worry Qld more, Say a Hoffman type coming on for 20, or a Williams type ?

As I said, it is all dependent on form, but NSW need someone coming on to make a difference, Tony can be that man if on song. Ruling him out as of now wouldn't be the right selection imo

Tariq Sims would have been my man for this role but he has come back pretty slowly from his leg issues so give him another year

I would have Hoffman every day of the week over She-Rex (or The Labrador... read earlier post).
I reckon Hoffman is an unsung hero for Melbourne. He's a real worker, which is what you need in SOO. Put him in the pack and shift Bird to 5/8 for SOO.
You are expecting She-Rex to come on a blow Qld apart, but that won't happen. The same reasoning failed with Taylor for Qld.
NSW will only win if the game becomes an arm-wrestle (sorry about the cliche).

Kiwi Eagle said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Nope not sarcastic mate

They need 1-2 back rowers on the bench, who is going to worry Qld more, Say a Hoffman type coming on for 20, or a Williams type ?

As I said, it is all dependent on form, but NSW need someone coming on to make a difference, Tony can be that man if on song. Ruling him out as of now wouldn't be the right selection imo

Tariq Sims would have been my man for this role but he has come back pretty slowly from his leg issues so give him another year

I think its highly improbable that considering his club form, somehow it might improve by selection to this rep game.

There are just so many reasons why his selection is unwise.

* If the structures around him at the dogs arent settling him into base levels of consistency then one city-country game isnt going to help. It may well hinder.
* T-Rex struggles when the speed of the game overtakes him & even the speed of his teammates. Even this minor rep game will do it too him.
* Different coach. Different input requirements. Different support players around him. He wont come good with all this going on.

I understand NSWs need, but reaching into the cupboard hoping for a form reversing T-Rex is a massive massive gamble, IMO.

Jatz Crackers said:
* If the structures around him at the dogs arent settling him into base levels of consistency then one city-country game isnt going to help. It may well hinder.

If it will hinder the Dogs then I congratulate the selectors on his selection. Hopefully he will make the Blues team too.

Jatz Crackers said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Nope not sarcastic mate

I think its highly improbable that considering his club form, somehow it might improve by selection to this rep game.

There are just so many reasons why his selection is unwise.

* T-Rex struggles when the speed of the game overtakes him & even the speed of his teammates. Even this minor rep game will do it too him.
* Different coach. Different input requirements. Different support players around him. He wont come good with all this going on.

I understand NSWs need, but reaching into the cupboard hoping for a form reversing T-Rex is a massive massive gamble, IMO.

Origin doesn't need the structure of a club game, so maybe that helps the situation ?

Tell the bloke he has 20mins, X number of hits ups are required, every hit up starts 5m back from the play the ball and he hits it at pace, and show him a George Burgess DVD of that, and it should be simple enough haha

Not saying it will work or anything, but the original question was why was he selected, that sort of impact that only a very few can offer is exactly what NSW will be looking for

If he was able to carry out those simple instructions I would agree Kiwi, but I reckon that if those would work, Des would have reverted to them at some point either at Manly or at the Dogs.

The Burgess DVD idea is good :)

The $600,000 Man.

"We can rebuild him, stronger, faster, fitter than before" - Des to Greenturd (2012)

Jatz Crackers said:
If he was able to carry out those simple instructions I would agree Kiwi, but I reckon that if those would work, Des would have reverted to them at some point either at Manly or at the Dogs.

The Burgess DVD idea is good :)

Haha yeah, but at the Dogs at the moment, there is nobody running onto the pill, it is all shallow, slow, sideways stuff. I've got no idea what Des is up to there because that structure looked terrible, and the simple addition of Kasiano and Graham can't fix that structure just coz they come back

Where does all this back injury stuff come from.That happened 10 months ago and no-one,not even TRex or his club,has even mentioned it.What we did hear was what a great pre-season he had,how fit he is
and how he wanted to improve immensely from last year bla bla bla.

No problem with people trying to justify his inclusion but the injury stuff is rubbish.This bloke is not a footballer,he is a giant athlete who needs absolutely everything to go his way to achieve anything.Our game is about toughness and playing for your clubmates and fans,not wandering around and turning up twice a year.This attitude should not be rewarded with the famous sky blue jumper as it totally disrespects blokes having a real crack each and every week.He has played half a dozen decent games in his life.Blokes like Hoffman,Choc and Gallen spill blood each and every week for their club sides.They eat him for breakfast and always will.

It hasn't come from anywhere official, just views of certain people susan

Personally I picked up a back injury nearly 2 years ago now and it still gives me trouble and effects my cricket big time. Obviously I don't have all the best physios and docs looking after it like the top line sportsman would

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8