Andrew Symonds has been stood down.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just heard Andrew Symonds has had his contract torn up and he will not play for Australia again.

Sad he was a great batsman when in form and a pretty good all rounder.

Enough is enough, later idiot.

And he can't play IPL unless cleared by his national board, although those pansies will probably rubber stamp it just to get him out of their hair.

If they tear up his CA contract like the media say I don't think the board can have much say in what he does after that, the BCCI will just flex their muscle if they try to block him from playing, he's too big a drawcard.

He has been given plenty of chances, both on and off the field. We carried him in the test side for years before he delivered (and only briefly at that), luckily for him that the Aussies were so strong then that they could have probably carried me and still won. Australia felt they needed to have an allrounder in their side and he was the beneficiary of that logic.

Off the field it is obvious he likes a beer. I'd hardly say that the misdemeanours he has been involved with are anything too serious, apart from the turning up drunk to the Bangas one dayer. He just likes to go out and have a beer and doesn't pay much heed to all this team bonding, team meeting, team protocol rubbish. I'd blow off a team meeting to go fishing too. The game has left guys like him behind in some respects. It will probably cost him his sponsors and his CA contract, but really he wasn't going to offer us anything going forward in the long form of the game anyway.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8