Another merger(Wests) in possible trouble

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just another example of how mergers were a bad idea, Saints are largely ignoring Illawarra area, Wests area is being ignored, and don't get me started on what Norths did to us.

mozgrame said:
Don't get Norths supporters started on what we did to them;)

Other than keeping their club afloat for 2 years longer than we should have, we did nothing to them.

This mess is only going to grow now as the new AFL team GWS is going to become a threat to the western sydney sporting audience. As usual the NRL hierarchy will sit on their hands with their fingers in their arse doing nothing while the AFL will throw enormous amounts of promotion at the kids to bring in the interest and the dollars. Fancy taking away from the growth area like Campbelltown , Macarthur , Liverpool while catering to the arty latte set a Leichhardt and Concord ****ing joke.

The site has 6 followers - even Silvertails is a better sample of supporter sentiment than that site

lsz said:
The site has 6 followers - even Silvertails is a better sample of supporter sentiment than that site

Sounds a bit like the North Sydney Bears supporters club - they use to hold their meetings in a phone box

the mauler said:
Care factor about the West Tigers- Zero.

As much as I dislike the club (especially the Wests contingent), I feel for their supporters as we can all relate to what they went through when their club was forced into a merger with a rival club. It appears (and comes as no surprise) that the Balmain contingent has taken control of the merger and the Wests contingent is being weeded out and the Wests club is simply being used as a feeder system in order to prop up a struggling Balmain. I'm not sure what the answer is because in an ideal world the mergers would be split and the original clubs would be reinstated but we all know that there are already too many clubs in Sydney.

It was always a stupid merger, their name is stupid and the fact they play out of three different grounds is also stupid,it went against what the NRL were planning at the time.
The NRL was banking on Balmain merging with Parra and Wests either disappearing due to their ranking on the bullsh#t criteria or merging with Canterbury.
If this had've gone to plan then there would be one less club in Sydney.
But really who cares?

firechild said:
the mauler said:
Care factor about the West Tigers- Zero.

As much as I dislike the club (especially the Wests contingent), I feel for their supporters as we can all relate to what they went through when their club was forced into a merger with a rival club. It appears (and comes as no surprise) that the Balmain contingent has taken control of the merger and the Wests contingent is being weeded out and the Wests club is simply being used as a feeder system in order to prop up a struggling Balmain. I'm not sure what the answer is because in an ideal world the mergers would be split and the original clubs would be reinstated but we all know that there are already too many clubs in Sydney.

Still couldn't give a toss. If the shoe was on the other foot and Manly were in trouble they'd be lining up to lay the boot into us.

I'm happy to read about interesting RL matters on here, which I regard this item as, rather than everything being about Manly.

The Who said:
I'm happy to read about interesting RL matters on here, which I regard this item as, rather than everything being about Manly.

I agree. I know some people who only watch the Manly game each week, if I am going to invest so much time and money following a team, then it is worth it to follow to whole sport not just my team.

It's all well and good to just post stuff on just Manly after a while the forum becomes stale and no one would have anything to discuss until something came out about Manly.

While this doesn't directly impact Manly at the moment a weakened team in the NRL impacts the tv deal which in turn impacts the grant that Manly receives.

Seriously inner Sydney has enough NRL teams. The WT joint venture should be based at Campbelltown serving that rapidly expanding area. From Liverpool to Camden and Narallenan is huge and it is all working class league families without a team. The NRL commission should make sure Tigers give Campbelltown the bulk of their games not the 3 or 4 it gets now.

Townsville Eagle said:
What about the money spent for areas like Melbourne. Does Melbourne care if there is a NRL side there or not?
probably not, but as the Storm's immediate future is guaranteed because of a special funding deal under the new independent commission they don't have to worry either way.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7