another option

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

kombi 66

Fri 29th January, 08:16AM

Nathan Green knew the answer before the question was even asked – who is this new Manly Warringah Sea Eagles back-rower?

Who is this 23-year-old man with the fair skin, bushy red beard, and who, when wearing his preferred blue sunscreen, could pass for ‘Braveheart’?

“People don’t know who Nathan Green the back-rower is. They only might know of Nathan Green the centre,’’ he said.

Nathan Green, the centre, played 22 first grade games in four seasons at St George-Illawarra from 2012. He started just once in the second-row last season but it was enough for new Manly coach Trent Barrett to give him a contract.

“Trent brought me over from the Dragons as a back-rower. He saw me play a bit of back-row last year and saw some of the things I can do,’’ Green added.

“I’ve come to the Sea Eagles as a back-rower, not as a centre. I’m here for a fresh start, and that’s in the back-row.

“I guess I can bring a lot of different things that some other back-rowers can’t do. Coming from the centres, I have got speed and a bit of ball playing in me as well, so hopefully I can strike up a good combination with Dylan Walker, Steve Matai, Jorge Taufua, and Brett Stewart.

“I need to run some good lines and create some space for Matai, Stewart and Taufua to score some tries out on the left. That’s what Trent has asked me to do.”

Barrett described Green as a ‘fine edge backrower who has put on a lot of size’.

“I don’t think Nathan had found his true position until he came here,’’ Barrett said.

“Nathan might be a bit of an unknown to many but he has been very good in the pre-season.

“The back row was an area we were a bit skinny in, so having Nathan adds to our options.

“I guess the beauty of having players in your squad who can play multiple positions is really important with the way the salary cap is.

“We are lucky we have players who can do that in Lewis Brown, Tom Symonds, Feleti Mateo and now ‘Greeny’.

"The back row was an area we were a bit skinny in"

1. Feleti Mateo
2. Tom Symonds
3. Blake Leary
4. Lewis Brown
5. Marty Taupau
6. Jamie Buhrer
7. Nathan Green

Call that skinny? Hehehehe.
Dylan kelly, rhys Armstrong, liam knight. Hehehe.

We won't miss Green out on the field.
Saw him in DY yesterday with some of the other Manly guys - his hair is flame red :fire:

Photos do not capture his halo. Reminds me of Fatty in his early days :p

Jayden has shaved his fro though :(

Barrett seems keen on him.

I'm interested to see how everyone is looking as there's been a lot of talk of bulking up. In past years that just meant everyone would have turned up even fatter. Tom Turbo at 100kgs. Green putting it on. But Jake looks slimmer. Perhaps they are thinking of shifting him to back row because of our low back rower stocks?

I can't believe what I am seeing...Nathan Green thinks he has speed?!

I am happy to see how he goes in the backrow but this guy is one of the worst centres I have ever seen play the game.

A solid back up player who contributed to our 2008 premiership winning season. He also managed to play over 100 first grade games (across England and here) as well as 4 test matches for Fiji

Not every player can or has to be a star...and often those we deride have achieved far more than any of us have in our "dream" jobs.
And one of Australias most recognisable animals

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4