Another perspective on our loss

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
I agree that our bench players lack impact (except JSL) and that our forwards in the second half against Parra were poor, but why have our backs escaped criticism? All four Parra tries came from backs - our forwards wern't responsible for the poor defence on these occasions.
Hiku is missing too many tackles. Brett make an uncharacteristic mistake and Parra scored from the resultant scrum.
DCE and Foz were rarely sighted in attack.
I know we have the best backline in the comp, but they let the team down just as much as the forwards in the second half.
I know there is the cliche about forwards laying the platform, but it was the whole team responsible for the capitulation, not just the forwards.
I'm sure we'll skittle the 'Riff on Sunday. We must, however, compete for the entire 80 minutes. There is not much between the top eight teams in this comp, as recent results show.

Hiku's defence is shocking at the moment. He missed 8 tackles in the Titans game. Not sure how many last week.

Hikus stats aren't unusual for a young centre, Matai always used to have something similar in his early years

Kiwi Eagle said:
Hikus stats aren't unusual for a young centre, Matai always used to have something similar in his early years

Made 2 absolutely critical errors that led to opposition tries. Very poor defense on Rhadradra which led to the long range try and after a Hayne kick allowed himself to be bulldozed back into the in goal because he tried to get up and run. Basic wing play 101 is that you have to stay low in those situations. Disappointed in him recently. 2V will sort it out I'm sure.

Any word on BJ and King's injuries?

I think we need to factor that into the second half as well.

Yea, I was quite shocked at Peta's mistakes, as with (mostly in the 2nd-half):
- at least 1 bad missed tackle by Starling,
- not really seeing Ballin control the ruck and run well in offense,
- seeing little good effective offense from Daly & Foz,
- seeing our wingers dominated too well,
- seeing so many bad dropped balls and missed tackles in general,
etc.

Hopefully all the boys remember the pride that is the Maroon and White jersey, for 80 mins in each game in the coming finals, as well as reduce the mistakes greatly.

I still think our forwards are lacking but i agree with all your points The Who. One of my big concerns is our halves are getting into a bad habit of trying to score off every play. Every time we make a break and have the opposition team on the back foot DCE kicks the bloody ball on the first tackle and we hand possession over making the job harder for our forwards who are already struggling.

the common denominator in every post in this thread is the Sea Eagles attitude; missed tackles and trying to score off every play relates to a lack of intensity and a lack of respect towards the opposition. As I have previously stated, we have one eye on the finals and its showing in how we are playing. We will lift when it counts.

6/71 said:
Any word on BJ and King's injuries?

I think we need to factor that into the second half as well.

Kingy's problem is the MRC. I think he has carry overs from the Rabbids game early in the year :s

There is no update on Namis, he was running straight at the line when he got injured :angel:

At least the game is at Brookie this week, so hopefully we can cheer them on in large numbers :)

I have to sadly agree with the general thrust - we were dominated in both forwards and backs in the second half. Perhaps realising they were sleep walking to the end of their season at half time, Parra kicked it up a gear and we couldn't follow suit.
It's a long season and teams go off the boil. We'll see on Sunday if we can turn the stove back on.

I am concerned be blew another match winning lead.

Other notable times this has happened

Round 1 vs Storm

2013 Grand Final

Kiwi Eagle said:

Maybe it's a New Zealand thing!

ah hahahahahahha lol I'm so funny

cough

sigh

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8