Another reason the NRL draw is a FARCE!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Not only is it unfair some teams have five or six 5 day turn a rounds and a host of monday night games like Manly, I can't stand the way the draw has a huge advantage for some times around the origin period.

Teams like Gold Coast, Tigers, St George who Manly are competing for for that 8th position play or have played a very depleted Brisbane, Cowboys, Melbourne side with out their star players. Getting points over these sides would normally be so much harder and more than likely be a loss if played at full strength.

Would be great if Manly played a cowboys side minus 5 or 6 origin players. Just shows how stupid and unfair the draw is. ALL Teams should just get the bye during origin to make it fair, and allow players some more rest to help with player burn out and injuries

Not only is it unfair some teams have five or six 5 day turn a rounds and a host of monday night games like Manly, I can't stand the way the draw has a huge advantage for some times around the origin period.

Teams like Gold Coast, Tigers, St George who Manly are competing for for that 8th position play or have played a very depleted Brisbane, Cowboys, Melbourne side with out their star players. Getting points over these sides would normally be so much harder and more than likely be a loss if played at full strength.

Would be great if Manly played a cowboys side minus 5 or 6 origin players. Just shows how stupid and unfair the draw is. ALL Teams should just get the bye during origin to make it fair, and allow players some more rest to help with player burn out and injuries
We will play the Cows 5 days after SOO

I think I will end up looking back at this season as the season that never happened.
  • Manly constantly playing at half mast in 5-day turnarounds while other teams enjoy 7 day turnarounds
  • being mismatched against the top sides before origin while other teams enjoy compromised origin teams.
  • Manly constantly playing Monday night graveyard shifts
  • So many NRL games during dinner time. The NRL must think we sit in the pub between 5:30 and 9:30 each night and have fish and chips.
  • **** games on Sunday afternoon when I do have have time to relax
  • The match fixing scandal that may never be.
  • Constant injury dramas and lack of ambition of this team probably as the result of some of the above.
2016 never really got started.

NYEagle

Last edited:
It was always going to be a building year anyway. Hopefully we don't get shafted in a year where we actually have a chance.

Barrett needs to prove that he can coach before year's end and anyone with a toxic attitude needs to be punted. Hopefully that can all happen before 2017, and we can do enough to stay in front of Newcastle and the Roosters.

Another thing I noticed is Broncos getting Saturday games the round after state of origin, NRL aren't giving them the Friday night game in those rounds are they.

Just read in the paper that the Titans are not happy with their draw during SOO, wanted a blockbuster game for the return of myles, LOL, just can't please some teams

It was always going to be a building year anyway. Hopefully we don't get shafted in a year where we actually have a chance.
We are not re-building yet. We are trying to light the fuse / wick for the demolishing explosives, and I think someone keeps pissing on it, putting out the flames.

Barrett needs to prove that he can coach before year's end and anyone with a toxic attitude needs to be punted. Hopefully that can all happen before 2017, and we can do enough to stay in front of Newcastle and the Roosters.
If this yr is a building yr,what will next yr be?No Lyon,BStewart and Matai a chance to go,Myles another yr older,Burgess and Mateo will be gone and new players will have to come in and gel with each other.So basically we could see the same scenario as this yr,maybe minus the injuries

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8