Another signing iniment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's not unknown for a manager to advise one of their players to get out of a bad influence club and into a good one for their benefit. Clubs even cooperate on this to some extent.

It's even described in a book by bob Ellis and Roy masters called "the season"

I don't see a spot for Mateo if we have a healthy fit roster of our top forwards, add to the fact the he is very inconsistent well that money can be better used on another position , the likes of Leary are going to give more value as a back up forward bench player if needed, 4 or 5 good games from Mateo isn't enough and that's pretty much the history of his career every season

I do as Taupau plays 40 mins at best most of the time so that leaves us with a very small backrow without Mateo. Buhrer, Brown, Symonds and Leary can work a bit but will not bend the line. This will allow the opposition defence to compress and keep out props at bay.

Put Mateo on for Kapow and you immediately draw a player out of the middle third an on to their edge (probably the left)

I do as Taupau plays 40 mins at best most of the time so that leaves us with a very small backrow without Mateo. Buhrer, Brown, Symonds and Leary can work a bit but will not bend the line. This will allow the opposition defence to compress and keep out props at bay.

Put Mateo on for Kapow and you immediately draw a player out of the middle third an on to their edge (probably the left)
Taupau averaged 55 mins last year! Mateo is 114kg. I'd also be rotating Myles back to lock when Marty goes off and using Brown Buhrer, Mateo in the second row spots.

In regards to walker, they're looking at him to play 5/8 not centre. I have a severe dislike for this bloke and don't rate him as a player he's put in some of the worst performances I've seen for NSW and Australia. Massive no. Why get rid of a future star in Gutherson just to sign a stop gap 5/8 on triple the money? Stupid signing. I'd rather clear the decks and make a play at Sam Burgess ourselves, failing that Sam Moa!

In regards to walker, they're looking at him to play 5/8 not centre. I have a severe dislike for this bloke and don't rate him as a player he's put in some of the worst performances I've seen for NSW and Australia. Massive no.

When has Walker played State of origin?

Taupau averaged 55 mins last year! Mateo is 114kg. I'd also be rotating Myles back to lock when Marty goes off and using Brown Buhrer, Mateo in the second row spots.

In regards to walker, they're looking at him to play 5/8 not centre. I have a severe dislike for this bloke and don't rate him as a player he's put in some of the worst performances I've seen for NSW and Australia. Massive no. Why get rid of a future star in Gutherson just to sign a stop gap 5/8 on triple the money? Stupid signing. I'd rather clear the decks and make a play at Sam Burgess ourselves, failing that Sam Moa!

To be fair to the Walker, DCE also hasn't really blitzed anyone in the Origin or Test arena in his career. That doesn't mean DCE is useless.

Why' sign Walker when they could have kept Gutherson?
Gutherson left because he wanted to play fullback and he saw that Tom Turbo was next in line after Snake retired. It's as simple as that. The slime have promised him the full back position when Gordon moves on or retires.

Why is that so hard for people to understand, he asked to leave for that reason and unless you are prepared to give him Tom Turbo's fullback spot he won;t come back anyway.

From what was reported the other day in the Telegraph and The Australian if Walker is signed he will be filling the 5/8th position rather than his current spot in the centres.
It's going to be a nice preseason battle between bird and walker for the number 6 spot in 1st grade :0)

Has anyone been watching Peta Hika at 5/8 with the Kiwis?

He has been running the ball very nicely, might be good to move him in to 5/8 and slot Dylan Walker in at centre.

Of all the rumours floating around that I wish were true, though, I think I would prefer Jack Bird in 5/8, Skiv gone, Hiku centre and Trbo wing.

Last edited:

I just looked at Tapau mins this year more then half his games where less then 50 mins. Other then one match he played at 64 mins he never played over 56 mins.
I would say his avg without a calculator to work it out was around 47-48 mins a game.

Only by the articles at the time, that claimed it wasn't recreational drugs. I'm just saying it may have been a mistake, we don't know.
Oxycodone is also known as hillbilly heroin. It's a drug that some cancer patients sell back to the street and recreationally others get high. Tramodil is similar.

The boys were experimenting in my opinion, with altered consciousness. It was a shameful mistake you only make once. Walker will want to put this behind him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6