Another Slater howler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Will start off by stating my bias, can't stand the jumped up filthy little grub

Now, we constantly get it forced down our throats that Slater is the "best ever" etc. How can the best ever fullback to play the game have so many awful, awful errors in him, especially under pressure which is when he frequently cracks and produces his worst

Just watch him cost the Storm 6 points against Brisbane, and still all we hear about it "Billy the Great" etc, **** it winds me up

I had to turn a game off a few weeks back because I couldn't stand it any more. After a routine bomb take we got fed "That is amazing, what a take, that is what makes him so good, as soon as the ball left the foot, he wanted it", after hearing that the channel changed

Best Ever pfft.

Maybe not be old enough to watch some players live but Langlands, Eadie, Belcher(okay Belcher I did) piss all over this pretender.

I'd have Mini over him as well

**** me

Watching the halftime show

"It must have been fatigue"

"His errors stand out because he doesn't make many"

What really pisses me off about this game is why isn't Brisbane putting its best team on the park? Why are they giving the Storm a free ride here?

It's almost tantamount to throwing a game. Cheats.

Damn it! so Yow Yee isnt playing??? **** i needed him.....i didnt put much thought into bye/rep rounds....

DSM5 said:
What really pisses me off about this game is why isn't Brisbane putting its best team on the park? Why are they giving the Storm a free ride here?

It's almost tantamount to throwing a game. Cheats.

Exactly, no real reason they couldn't back up. Disappointing night of league when 2 teams I can't stand are the only game on. News ltd A getting a free ride from news ltd B isn't a great watch

Absolutely can not stand how much the commentators (Of Fox & Nine) w**k over the mediocre things that Slater does. The most overrated player in the game when it comes to the media, not to mention a well known abuser of children.

A few years ago I remember someone saying (I believe it was on this forum), "Slater makes the ordinary look extraordinary, Stewart makes the extraordinary look ordinary". Summed it up pretty well in my eyes.

Slater makes a F***ING HOWLER every second week.
Without fail the commentators say "You won't see that again in a hurry".
YES, you probably f***ing will. A lot sooner than most players.

effnic said:
He is a grub but i cant deny his talent and he has loads of it.

He's got speed, that's it. That's not talent...that's good legs. I have never seen him do some of the passes Brett did in '08. Billy just looks good because Stewart has been injured

Exactly Jono!!!
Apart from Manly fans,people forget Snake was regarded as the better fullback up until the terrible luck started for him at the beginning of 2009.
Slater is an over rated little scumbag that would'nt tie up a fit B Stewart's footy boot.

I was going to start a similar thread myself but as usual KE is on the ball.

Another thing about Slater being regarded by a few tossers as the best ever is his knee first sliding efforts of the past. Just a very fast grub imo.

Slater is a media darling. None of the commentators have the nuts to criticise him because they don't want to be different to their mates in the commentary box. The guy can play, and he is dynamic, but he has so many errors in his game....and they aren't big ones, they are HOWLERS. Had to laugh that they showed the one against the Kiwis when he runs the kick return straight to the sideline, gets hammered into touch (as you'd expect) and throws a Hail Mary over the shoulder straight to Benji to waltz over for the easiest try of his life. Gus and Co. just love dropping a load in their undies whenever he touches the ball, it's actually quite pathetic the Pavlovian reaction they have to him doing relatively simple things. By the way is he the greatest player in the world again ? or is that still Carney, Hayne or Inglis....I lose track of the greatest player in the world ranking quite easily.

Apart from his errors the thing I can't stand about him is that he is the dirtiest, grubbiest player in the NRL. The guy is so sly about his cheap shots, and lets not forget he patented the slide feet first or knee first to opponents head to "save" a try. Low life who I hope never, ever, ever comes close to playing with Manly, it would really test my loyalty.

i hate him with a passion and i hate the fawning media but he is so far and away the best fullback in the game at the moment it doesnt matter.ill cop a couple of errors for the great stuff he does.he settled the test match on friday with his greatest asset-anticipation.99% of fullbacks just stand there and watch hannant drop on the ball.he hits it at full belt and wins the game.get over the hate boys and see the light.no one else is close to him and if he signed for manly you would be throwing a street party.he plays at 100% speed all night and attacks the ball at full belt.that can cause the odd mistake.some of the blokes bagging him here spend their whole time defending the laziest underperformer in the game given his ability,one t.williams,who plays at snailpace speed and yet find time to bag the best fullback in the game by a mile.bag him for being a grub but to question his ability is purile.

susan said:
i hate him with a passion and i hate the fawning media but he is so far and away the best fullback in the game at the moment it doesnt matter.ill cop a couple of errors for the great stuff he does.he settled the test match on friday with his greatest asset-anticipation.99% of fullbacks just stand there and watch hannant drop on the ball.he hits it at full belt and wins the game.get over the hate boys and see the light.no one else is close to him and if he signed for manly you would be throwing a street party.he plays at 100% speed all night and attacks the ball at full belt.that can cause the odd mistake.some of the blokes bagging him here spend their whole time defending the laziest underperformer in the game given his ability,one t.williams,who plays at snailpace speed and yet find time to bag the best fullback in the game by a mile.bag him for being a grub but to question his ability is purile.
Ever thought of using paragraphs mate. Talk about hard to read.

given your usual posting style the fact that you would be able to read never actually occurred to me.

my heartfelt apologies.would the introduction of a few c..ts and f...cks help your comprehension.they appear to be your 2 favourite nouns and verbs.

susan said:
given your usual posting style the fact that you would be able to read never actually occurred to me.

my heartfelt apologies.would the introduction of a few c..ts and f...cks help your comprehension.they appear to be your 2 favourite nouns and verbs.
Ha ha :) nice return of serve ridgepipe put out enough bait you gotta expect the occasional shark

Susan, nobody has stated he doesn't have ability have they ? Just the fact that for all the media attention as the best ever etc, he has some huge errors in him which get glossed over

I would hate it if he signed for manly, same goes for SBW, would make the side a hell of a lot harder to support for me

Don't really see what Williams has to do with it, he isn't talked up as gods gift to rugby league

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4