Another unfair advantage for Brisbane

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
As well as having massive sponsorship support because they are the sole team in a major city, the Broncos get virtually every Friday night TV game. I know the reason why - Channel Nine insists on having a Qld-based team playing every Friday night - but it gives the Broncos a further advantage knowing they play at the same time every seven days, and never having to play on a Monday night.

The odds of success are heavily stacked in the favour of the Broncos, which is why when/if the comp expand the first new side must be another one from Brisbane.

I just hate having to watch Titans, Broncos or Cowboys first every week.

If Manly are playing I have to wait on radio silence for the match whilst people SMS me, phone me and email me about the bloody game.

I watched 2 minutes at the start of the Cowboys Broncos game 1st round and all my negative thoughts about Brisbane came flooding back. I really dislike them with a passion. I guess it goes back to their whinging about everything for more than a decade, but anything that sees their destruction is fine by me.

Dan link said:
I just hate having to watch Titans, Broncos or Cowboys first every week.

If Manly are playing I have to wait on radio silence for the match whilst people SMS me, phone me and email me about the bloody game.

Cyclones, floods, Broncos, Anna Bligh... no, wait we have KKK... but you'll get my point; why do you torture yourself and live in Brisbane?

i have got to the point where friday night footy just isnt on.They have completely lost me. This TV saturation the broncos recieved at child friendly 7.30 helps raise there fan base, and allows maximus exposure for there sponsers as well

they are indeed the NRL's love child. If every clubs barrow was pushed as heavily as the qld teams the NRL would kick the AFL back to melbourne

I read somewhere recently thay play the least amount of top 8 teams this year as well

ManlyBacker link said:
I watched 2 minutes at the start of the Cowboys Broncos game 1st round and all my negative thoughts about Brisbane came flooding back. I really dislike them with a passion. I guess it goes back to their whinging about everything for more than a decade, but anything that sees their destruction is fine by me.

and they've got one of my top ten "grub" list playing for them-thaiday

I have a new regime on Fridays now....it's the end of the working week, so my wife and I go out with a few mates and have "Friday Cheapies"....the deal is we have to go somewhere and pay no more that $25pp for a meal, has to be BYO...we share the "finding a suitable place" duties around and it always works well..(we have had a huge variety at this dollar level believe it or not).

THEN

The next part is I have to be home by 9.30pm (we usally go out at 7.00 and are home by 9.00) so I can watch non Queensland sides play the second game.

That's the way I overcome the pro Bronco's slant we have up here.

brisbane arent that bad guys.
their no melbourne lets put it that way.

Fridays nights at the footy up here are amazing great night on the drink or it really highlights is a need for a second brisbane team.

Oh and living on the Gold Coast is like viewers choice, QLd game on Channel 9 the NSW game on NBN

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I have a new regime on Fridays now....it's the end of the working week, so my wife and I go out with a few mates and have \"Friday Cheapies\"....the deal is we have to go somewhere and pay no more that $25pp for a meal, has to be BYO...we share the \"finding a suitable place\" duties around and it always works well..(we have had a huge variety at this dollar level believe it or not).

My son and I are looking forward to a 'Friday Cheapiei' at the Caxton on May 27th followed by a Bronco Beating at Suncorp. It will be good to meet our northern Silvertails.

Cambo link said:
brisbane arent that bad guys.
their no melbourne lets put it that way.

You're getting soft Cambo. Don't bother arguing it either, you know your excuses don't fly with me.

Maintain the rage.

Barry Hyland link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=187010.msg325659#msg325659 date=1300668880]
I have a new regime on Fridays now....it's the end of the working week, so my wife and I go out with a few mates and have \"Friday Cheapies\"....the deal is we have to go somewhere and pay no more that $25pp for a meal, has to be BYO...we share the \"finding a suitable place\" duties around and it always works well..(we have had a huge variety at this dollar level believe it or not).

My son and I are looking forward to a 'Friday Cheapiei' at the Caxton on May 27th followed by a Bronco Beating at Suncorp. It will be good to meet our northern Silvertails.
[/quote]

Sound VERY good mate, it will be a great start and if we win a FABULOUS finish!! (anyone who was in the Caxton carpark when we beat the Donkeys in 2009 will testify to that...the "My garden Shed" and "Manly Manly Manly" chants were awsome.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2