Another video ref clanger

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Fifitas try against St George last night; given a try on field by the ref but was a simultaneous grounding.

COMMANDER said:
Fifitas try against St George last night; given a try on field by the ref but was a simultaneous grounding.

St George bloke grounded it first

Was a touchy one but the thing is the on field ref would have had NO IDEA but called it a try so the video refs had to agree. Fri night Perenea had NO IDEA but calls it no try. There is no consistency to this crap. The refs have no ****ing idea nor does the NRL. Simple solution.
Get rid of the 2 refs and go back to one.
Video refs are used for grounding the ball only decisions.
No replays for lay down dogs during play.
No replays for if/but/maybe obstructions in tries.

If the ref's don't call a penalty for a high shot, the vid ref shouldn't be allowed to chime in, esp if the mrc looks at all instances anyway.

Maybe that'd stop diving?

I thought at best it was simultaneous, in which case it is a try. I don't think this is even in the same league as the Matai debacle. The video ref only took one look at this last night and ruled try, which was the right decision. Apparently there was a bigger shocker in the Raiders v Dogs game which I haven't seen.

Kept my multi alive so I sm happy with it

ohhhhhhhh

dan's got another 4 bucks coming!

lucky dan

luck o the irish

lucky 4 leaf clover

#Jim beam

globaleagle said:
ohhhhhhhh

lucky dan

luck o the irish

lucky 4 leaf clover

#Jim beam

Ha something like that

Dan said:
globaleagle said:
ohhhhhhhh

lucky dan

luck o the irish

lucky 4 leaf clover

#Jim beam

Ha something like that

Hey Dan...Dan! fook me....DAN!

ok

Hey

errr

I accidentally ticked south over manly this weekend.

thanks for not telling me.

Now I'm 5/5

burp

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sharks 2nd last try was dodgy too. Lewis looked to be in front of the kicker, then he used his shoulder & forearm into Nightingale's head. No surprise he lost the ball.

Anyone catch the Instrust super cup game today between Cairns v Burleigh. Burleigh looked to have scored only to have it denied by the video ref, Tony Maksoud. Now even though I still think it was a try, what was interesting was the commentators then had Tony on air explaining why it wasn't a try in his opinion. Scott Sattler was even allowed to put forward his case and have Tony answer it. I think that would be a great initiative in the NRL. And bring Tony as well. He has always been a very good ref and judge of the game.(even though he got it wrong.:p)

wombatgc said:
Anyone catch the Instrust super cup game today between Cairns v Burleigh. Burleigh looked to have scored only to have it denied by the video ref, Tony Maksoud. Now even though I still think it was a try, what was interesting was the commentators then had Tony on air explaining why it wasn't a try in his opinion. Scott Sattler was even allowed to put forward his case and have Tony answer it. I think that would be a great initiative in the NRL. And bring Tony as well. He has always been a very good ref and judge of the game.(even though he got it wrong.:p)

Hahahahahaha could you even imagine those **** sticks trying to explain away the garbage they pulled on Fri night. Never happen.

mickqld said:
wombatgc said:

Hahahahahaha could you even imagine those f**k sticks trying to explain away the garbage they pulled on Fri night. Never happen.

That's why I think it'd be a good idea. There a law unto themselves at the moment. The thought that they might have to justify this crap to the average joe might slap some (common) sense into them.

Gus Gould & Peter Sterling would eat them up in 10 seconds. Never going to happen. In fact the only way to fix up NRL refereeing is to put one or both of them in charge of the referees.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2