Another win,.. but form is concerning.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KaZa

Bencher
We've won another game.. we keep putting away the average sides.. but since we have beaten the dragons.. we haven't been in peak form.

Parra, Souths, Penrith and Dogs = all beaten.. JUST.

Compared to the first 10 rounds.. these last 10 rounds have been below par. Im not sure if its because were waiting for the finals or we have lost that intensity.

Watmough and Foran have really run out of steam. Both doing steady jobs but if we are to make a noise in the finals, they need to lift. Brett Stewart needs to go up a gear as well if are to have a chance.

Positive thing is DCE is starting to run the show and is playing smart football, kicking out when down to 10 men..chewing the clock down.. controlling the tempo of the game etc.

Watmough Foran G Stewart Jamie Lyon Kite needs to be rested over the next two games.. (not all at the same time).

Our defence has been a bit shaky of late and we always seem to lose possession for long period of times as well.. hopefully we go up a gear in the finals.. we will need to.

I think their minds are on bigger things. They don't look like premiership contenders at the moment and need to regain the spark they had a month ago.

KaZa said:
We've won another game.. we keep putting away the average sides.. but since we have beaten the dragons.. we haven't been in peak form.

Compared to the first 10 rounds.. these last 10 rounds have been below par. Im not sure if its because were waiting for the finals or we have lost that intensity.

Watmough and Foran have really run out of steam. Both doing steady jobs but if we are to make a noise in the finals, they need to lift. Brett Stewart needs to go up a gear as well if are to have a chance.

Positive thing is DCE is starting to run the show and is playing smart football, kicking out when down to 10 men..chewing the clock down.. controlling the tempo of the game etc.

Watmough Foran G Stewart Jamie Lyon Kite needs to be rested over the next two games.. (not all at the same time).

Our defence has been a bit shaky of late and we always seem to lose possession for long period of times as well.. hopefully we go up a gear in the finals.. we will need to.

Storm are MORALS........we have no chance.....

mr seagles said:
KaZa said:

Storm are MORALS........we have no chance.....

Wash your mouth out with soap young man!!

Nice of you to show who you really support mr seagles.

Good to clock up another win today - GREAT to be in 2nd place. The team is only playing at 75% like past few weeks but to be expected as the focus now intensifies towards the 2 top teams and the finals.

Quite a few sloppy bits of play today which no doubt Dessie will be working hard on. However watching other top teams on TV recently all contenders incl mr seagles news ltd Storm are playing with plenty of sloppy bits too.

Parts of the Storm vs St G game on fri night looked like neither side would even make reserve grade, although overall Storm are the ones to beat followed by Bris.

All top teams have stuff to work on.

Difference is with Melbourne their defence is still holding strong.

Our defence is starting to show some cracks. Dogs/Parra/Souths have torn us apart in those games at times.

Just concerned whether we can turn it around and lift a few notches in the finals.

Tigers are on a run..

Hopefully we get the Warriors first up and then the week off.

queens had nothing in attack, storm got plenty of lucky calls and scraped home by 2 points, they are goners as well

who is left?

Broncos, warriors, tigers and souffs are the only teams that can win based on the logic shown above

**** form, get off the sorrow bus and get behind them you lame arse supporters. We are 2nd and coming into the biggest games of the season give the boys the encouragement they deserve and cheer them on to smash those cheating lying scum sucking Drizzle next week. Theyve won all but 1 of their last 2 months of games and that was a dead set refereeing ripoff. They are ready to give it their all for this title so they deserve their supporters to give them the support they deserve.

Oh joy here we go again, cant some of you doom and gloomers get to church on a sunday and leave the footy to people with a heart. Who cares what the result , we have a team to support in the finals.......................AGAIN and in every game its 50/50, a bounce of the ball or whatever

I really enjoyed todays game. Top notch entertainment

Its just football conversation. Some of you just attack people who want to discuss football. .whether it be negative or positive.

If you dont like reading it just stick to watching the Footy and dont come on to 'discussion' forums.

I also enjoyed the game just wonder if we can lift up to win the whole thing. Im still supporting the side..

Some people on here need to lighten up a bit.

At what stage every week after a win can we sit back, smile and reflect on a job welll done. Not even a few hours after the game apparently

And besides, last weeks form was sketchy but todays game was great, tough, strong,really fast paced against a team that gave it heaps, with a strong strong pack

Regardless of there position on the table the dogs played really strong and todays win was really good . Hows that for footy talk. If you think we are travelling so badly use this week to celebrate and enjoy yourself as obviously we have nothing but pain in store from here on in

mickqld said:
f**k form, get off the sorrow bus and get behind them you lame arse supporters. We are 2nd and coming into the biggest games of the season give the boys the encouragement they deserve and cheer them on to smash those cheating lying scum sucking Drizzle next week. Theyve won all but 1 of their last 2 months of games and that was a dead set refereeing ripoff. They are ready to give it their all for this title so they deserve their supporters to give them the support they deserve.

LOVE your work Mick, really I do, not only do you make me laugh!!

I'd rather we have improvement in us for September than have none left in us. I agree we aren't playing the best we can, but we still find a way to win. The character in this team is fantastic.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

Mark from Brisbane said:
mickqld said:
f**k form, get off the sorrow bus and get behind them you lame arse supporters. We are 2nd and coming into the biggest games of the season give the boys the encouragement they deserve and cheer them on to smash those cheating lying scum sucking Drizzle next week. Theyve won all but 1 of their last 2 months of games and that was a dead set refereeing ripoff. They are ready to give it their all for this title so they deserve their supporters to give them the support they deserve.

LOVE your work Mick, really I do, not only do you make me laugh!!

Thats the spirit Mick You tell em mate ,at the start of the year most thought we would struggle to make the top 8 , now that we are 2nd on the ladder these people are still not convinced . Injury free i am confident we have the team to win the comp. Bring on the storm next week! Let us all remember last years game against the storm at brookvale when the Trex made the Australian fullback look like a Z grader as he trampled all over him to scored . :D

Look I've been guilty of being a doubting Thomas and a wet blanket most of the year but I got told to pull my head in and just enjoy the wins whether they are by 1 point or by 30. We are now at the business end and we are right up there in the mix. We may not win it all but I intend to enjoy every minute of our charge to the GF no matter how far we get. I love this club and will do my best to cheer them on for as far as we can go.

Don't mention the moment that TREX trampled slater, it is extremely upsetting for Darren who is still having nightmares about it.

jbb/james said:
At what stage every week after a win can we sit back, smile and reflect on a job welll done. Not even a few hours after the game apparently

I do James .. :) i`m happy . Dogs were desperate they played hard ,probably the hardest since that game against Illawarra when they were down 15-0 & fought back to 15-10 only to be denied by a ref error.
The boys are going 10x better than 09 or 2010,i`m already sitting back waiting to see who we have to play to get in the GF after our week off ;). If we fall short or dont pass muster the game before the GF will show it, so sit back & enjoy it ;)..

Geeze I'm sick of so many so called supporters. Manly played their arse off today against a desperate team that would have beaten most others today. The Dogs bashed us, got most of the penalties, and we still won. It was a fantastic game - just the sort of tough matches we have in finals football.
Our guys never give in, and they outlasted the Dogs.
For goodness sake be proud of their achievements. We have a fabulous team to support.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8