Anti-Tampering Transfer Window

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
Is this whole saga made worse because of the fact that they are both off contract at the same time? I cant remember it happening before, can anyone else?
It reminds me of when they introduced the anti-tampering rule back in the day, when Adam Muir left the Northern Eagles and signed with Souths mid season. He was being photographed wearing a Souths jersey whilst he was still playing for NE. If Dave Smith or Greenturd can't see the damage this crap does then they are in the wrong job.

June 30 deadline was far from perfect but it stopped managers from mentioning stuff to journo's and players doing the rounds a week out from the season kick off a year early because they weren't allowed to talk to other clubs. Obviously it went on behind the scenes and people still speculated. But it was in the best interest of the manager and player to keep it a secret or they could be de-registered.

They need a transfer window and they need it soon.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
i have been saying for a long time that negotiations should only be permitted after your final contracted season, that gives you 4 months or more between October and March to get everything sorted and that is more than enough time. The incumbent club can of course extend contracts before then or re-sign them in that time but free agency shouldn't start until after the season is over.

Would create plenty of theatrics and let the player concentrate on the club they are contracted to in the final year rather than thinking towards the following season and their future club

This conversation is what the Journo's should be writing about, instead of playing pin the Tail on the Donkey. They so easily go for the obvious story instead of putting some thought outside the box.

Sometimes i think Dave Smith was employed by Rugby Union to bring about the demise of League. That's why he hires anyone that would challenge him for his job.

Problem is clearly what sells papers is the pin the tail on the donkey stuff. It is no longer about reporting the stories and information and all about just sensationalising gossip

Its like the telegraph looked at its "confidential" section and just said "You know what, lets just do that for the entire paper

Yep, and i don't know why I am surprised. everything is like that now. These stories are like what reality tv is for tv. Scripted formulated garbage that is made to look like its real to attract viewers.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6