Any danger outside the top 4

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
*Sharks have a good, aggressive & versatile pack but lack the outside backs to be genuine contenders.
*Newcastle are the least likely offering little compared to the other 7 teams.
*Dogs can cause trouble to any on their day but are a shadow of 2012 & hard to see the 40% improvement needed.
*Nth Qld have the most strike power of these 4 on the back of JT & Bowen & the best front rower pairing in the game, just SO inconsistent....

Sharks the only side who can threaten due to the foward pack, but will be found out by the top 4 in the outside backs imo.

I tend to agree. Newcastle is the only side without a credible chance to win the GF.
While the 'Boys have a great team on paper they have yet to prove they can win in Sydney.
Cronulla are very solid and workmanlike and can spring an upset, but not three in a row.
Dogs have the firepower and the biggest pack in history but this year they don't seem to have the heart.
I'm sticking to a Manly V Melbourne grand final rematch, which should really piss off the media, the NRL and supporters of every other club.

I think its fair to put a line through the Dogs completely. With their team disharmony it would be a miracle to see them go all the way to the GF. Simply cant happen with a fractured team.

Cowboys could be the only ones to get it together. Like you said, their inconsistency might be their downfall. Its all between the ears for them. If they are switched on, they may do better than some expect.

bones said:
None of the bottom four will make it to week 3.

Agree, but my concern is if we lose this weekend and then play the Sharks in Week 2. Yes we will win, but their forwards will bash us, and make Week 3 very difficult.

bones said:

I'd say that's a pretty fair assessment bones. Barring major injuries to the top 4 sides of course.

The Dogs will create havoc they are getting closer and closer to last years form and have nearly all their roster available. I think they are saving their best till last. Cowboys are ok but the sharks are too dumb to be a threat and The knights have too many injuries including Gidley.

Killer03 said:
bones said:

Agree, but my concern is if we lose this weekend and then play the Sharks in Week 2. Yes we will win, but their forwards will bash us, and make Week 3 very difficult.

Lose this weekend and Manly could play the Cowboys next week and a win in that could mean a trip to Melbourne in week 3. Cowboys in sydney then Melbourne in Melbourne. Dejavu.

Clint said:
Parra should collect some silverware...albeit wooden..

When Ricky was appointed that Spagnolo goose described it as: "The most significant since the great Jack Gibson . . ."
Surely that quote must get the wooden spoon for the dumbest of the season.

If the dogs could smoke oldcastle - then plenty of sides will be lookin over their shoulder , especially us - but its a big if .

Knights have 8 players with GF experience and know that Bennett ball works.
Cowboys have JT, Origin experience and the Bowen farewell tour.
Sharks may lack in the outside backs but Carney and Gordon are class and their forwards speak for themselves.
The Dogs are last years GF losers.

The answer is... a pineapple.

If the 2013 Premier is from the bottom 4, some betting company (sportsbet??) is offering $100K to the charity of that teams choice.

Quiet frankly, it wont happen.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8