Any legal eagles, QLD residential tenancy act

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi,

We are having a bit of dispute about the ferals next door. We own our house and land, and the next door neighbours rent.

I know that there are provisions under the act that you can apply to have them removed at the tribunal if they cause a nuisance to occupiers around the property, however it looks like there may only be provision for the land lord to do this.

After numerous complaints by us and neighbours to the police and to the real estate, they are essentially refusing to do anything about the neighbours. I wont go into the troubles we are having, but its a good idea to keep the house locked up at night, which we havent had to do since living here.

Anyway I was wondering whether there is any course for a neighbour to petition the tribunal to have the matters heard or pressure put on the real estate/owner.

It appears the owner actually knows the tenants and here in lies the problem!

Dan

Buy a doberman.

Unfortunately there is probably not much you can do unless they commit an illegal act and then the police can charge them.  

There should be a tenancy tribunal in QLD or the QLD law society that you can contact to find out your rights.

I'm told some of the posters here may have a phone number or two that could be useful in dealing with them. 

I feel for you Dan except in my case the people behind me actually owned the house.

Gotta learn the beauty and art of negotiation and if that fails you should try a baseball bat.

Anyway neighbours from hell have sold up and moved out as hubby was caught by wife screwing the next door neighbours wife, hubby's wife came home early from work only to catch him and the neighbours wife in bed together and soon after that they divorced, sold the house and moved to QLD.

I now have the quietest neighbours never hear them at all.

OneEyedEagle link said:
I feel for you Dan except in my case the people behind me actually owned the house.

Gotta learn the beauty and art of negotiation and if that fails you should try a baseball bat.

Anyway neighbours from hell have sold up and moved out as hubby was caught by wife screwing the next door neighbours wife, hubby's wife came home early from work only to catch him and the neighbours wife in bed together and soon after that they divorced, sold the house and moved to QLD.

I now have the quietest neighbours never hear them at all.

Holy **** that is straight out of Jerry Springer :)

We have had some action from their Real Estate this week.

On Friday night they had another of their parties. At about 1am it ended up in a massive brawl that spilled into the street with several big punch ups going on. This then turned into them having a few windows in their house broken and 2 security screens were kicked in so badly they had to be replaced.

They already hocked their plasma TV the week before in order to replace a window that was broken in the previous party. This time on Monday morning I noticed all of their screens being replaced and they have had 2 windows replaced this week :)

They musnt have much of their government money left because none of them work.

Also on Sunday they managed to mow their lawn for the first time, as well as finally cleaning up the pile of garbage, bike parts, clothing and **** that was up against their wire fence.

This was all stuff reported to the real estate both by us and other neighbours.

Also when the cops came (we didnt call them this time) on Friday night we did see 3 blokes run away very quickly followed by "Quick hide him in the shower, he has a warrant"

We woke up on Saturday morning and our front and back Gates were opened, which are ALWAYS shut because of the dogs, and our dogs and then gotten out.

So looks like they were in our yard for whatever reason.

Anyway since the real estate are taking action it looks like things might be coming to a head.

They also have a young daughter no older than 3 who lives there through all this the poor thing. I dont actually think the people who live there are that bad, it's just their scumbag mates. But I can tell you, if you came to my house, and started a punch up and broke a window you would be booted out and not welcomed back.

Dan link said:
But I can tell you, if you came to my house, and started a punch up and broke a window you would be booted out and not welcomed back.
Don't become a St George supporter and you can still invite Nicci :)

I **** you not, it did happen.

There is something about my neighbourhood as a couple of house up the street, the missus was caught in her red sports car at the local park car park. She was sitting in the passenger seat and some male other than her husband in the driver seat and you could see her head bopping up and down.

Funny thing is that the area I live in and the first house that we built and lived in (live a couple of street away from it now) has the same street name as the famous street name in Desperate Housewives.

I really have a good old chuckle when I hear about all the indiscretions and wonder why I can't get in on any of the action  ;)

But seriously the law does little to protect you and sometimes you just gotta have the balls and fight back, (just remeber to keep it within the law or don't get caught at it).

Yeah its all looking like its starting to get a bit better here, hopefully they are gone. We have a few more things we want to do to the house in the next year or so, then will be looking to sell up and possibly move to the Sunny Coast.

But need to be here another year at least to make the buy/sell thing worth its while

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6