Any suggestions on getting my stuff to QLD cheaply?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Righto it is now 100% certain that I am going to QLD and just a matter of when. THe big part I am now worried/concerned about is how much it is going to cost me to get all of my stuff moved to the new house in QLD.

Does anyone have any suggestion, or have any mates or relatives that could help me do this on the cheap?

Cheers
Dan

Try NQX Dan.

Apart of my job is to search for cheap freight. Some companies don't deal with personal items though. I'm not sure whether these guys do or not but for our company NQX are always the cheapest to use.

I'll give you a few phone numbers now to try and just look for the cheapest. Alot of the time there is a massive difference in prices between companies.

NQX: 131 821
Mainfreight: (07) 3875 8500
Toll Ipec Road: 133 366
TNT: 131 150
Fred's Freighters: (02) 9625 1260 or (07) 3382 7526
Blanchards: (02) 6604 9111

Give those companies a shot and see what happens.

If they can't provide you a quote they should know a company that can. Remember to get a quotation number of them once they have done the quote.

Going by road is always cheaper than air and it normally takes around 4 - 5 days to ship anything interstate via road.

Let me know how you get on.

not yet but we are definitely moving once we have one

Dan your best bet is a back load. Basically a backload is the load that a company takes on to fill a truck returning from a destination.

Check out http://www.backloadingremovals.com.au/index.php

When we moved to Melbourne we used one of those interstate removal companies that puts 3 or 4 people's stuff all in to one big arse truck, so you split the travel costs. 

I definitely wouldn't recommend the guys we used  - they were dodgy- but we got a heap of stuff from syd to mel for about $2100 just to give you a ballpark figure. 

When you are getting quotes they will probably ask how many cubic metres you have.  When we moved we had a two bedroom flat loaded to the gills and that worked out at about 20 cubic metres. 

If you cant get your **** to QLD for less than $4000 then there is a problem.
The cheapest I could think of is to rent a light truck(if you can fit all the stuff in there) and if they have a depot nearby.
Forget TNT or Courier companies. I was once quoted $1000 to get 1 pallet weighing 200kg from Wagga to Sydney as aposed to $60 dollars from a freight company.
Back load would be the cheapest if you can find someone going back that way but then it would be difficult to load household gear onto say a flat top or taught liner.
I will do a scout for you on Monday if not too late on the chance of a freight company taking up a shipping container with your stuff in it which would fit approx 30 cubic metres . Loading the stuff yourself would make it cheaper still.
When and if we go , I will be using the container idea , only cause I know the tpt owner very well and should get a decent deal.

yeah my brother used a container to get to perth and that is one way I was thinking too

Dan, I moved up here to Qld from Sydney some 5+ years ago. I used a local Sunshine Coast removalist who did moves between here & Sydney weekly and was able to arrange it all online and similar to Clontagos advice about backloading.

You could quantify your goods room by room on their website, from which they formulated a fixed price quote. I sold off as much stuff as i could and shipped the rest up here (basically a houehold lot)

They had multiple loads for the return trip from Syd to here and took 2+ days to make the trip. I left same day and drove up in tandem in my car with boat, and arrived just a bit before they did.

They arrived put everything in to their own storage facility for 1 week or so while finalised the lease on new premises. Everything all up cost about $1.5k and was pretty simple exercise.

If you would like any assistance just let me know. Be happy to help.

Are you moving to Hervey Bay ?????????

Jatz that sounds awesome mate. That is pretty much what I was thinking.

We have a 2 bedroom 2 level townhouse to clear out and should get it down to just

- 2 Queen Beds
- Couch
- Dining Room table
- 6 dining room chairs
- coffee table
- Plasma TV & Stand
- Corner table
- Arcade machine
- pole dancing Pole (don't ask)

Everything else will just be boxes and we are offloading the BBQ and outdoor furniture

The only other option is hiring the truck and then getting my dad to follow me up in it, whilst I lug the car

And yes. I am moving to Hervey Bay -> hopefully Scarness to be precise

Dan link said:
Jatz that sounds awesome mate. That is pretty much what I was thinking.

We have a 2 bedroom 2 level townhouse to clear out and should get it down to just

- 2 Queen Beds
- Couch
- Dining Room table
- 6 dining room chairs
- coffee table
- Plasma TV & Stand
- Corner table
- Arcade machine
- pole dancing Pole (don't ask)

Everything else will just be boxes and we are offloading the BBQ and outdoor furniture

The only other option is hiring the truck and then getting my dad to follow me up in it, whilst I lug the car

And yes. I am moving to Hervey Bay -> hopefully Scarness to be precise

I have danced on that pole, and I was pretty ****ing good too if you ask me.

[quote author=clontaago link=topic=177178.msg180629#msg180629
I have danced on that pole, and I was pretty F**king good too if you ask me.
[/quote]

So that was you in the background on that TV show Underbelly the other night.

Gosh....nice tits Clon.

YEah you did the upside down move pretty well. I was surprised!

My problem was the fact you did it in a G-string and rubbed shaving cream all over yourself, i thought that took things just a tad too far

Well having just been camping with the mighty clon for 3 days I can confirm that he has very nice arse cheeks that would go well in a g string. 

Thanks again for showing me about 57 times champ. 

First quote that I got was $3000 so far. I have made some more calls and am getting some more quotes but I would say we will definitely be looking at around $2000 - $3000

Load up a thrifty truck and drive it up yourself, I did that for my Brother about 3 years ago when he moved to Rockhampton, cant recall what it cost but its a pain in the butt, especially when the person who is getting his stuff moved is sitting in his lounge room up there while I packed his **** and drove it all the way up there :)

I'm pretty sure that was under 2K though

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4