Any update on Matai signing???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

abnc

Reserve Grader
Haven't heard anything in relation to Matai and his decision of who he will sign with. Anybody heard any news??

We keep being told that the Matai decision will be known in the next 48, 24 etc hours yet nothing.

The suspense is killing me. Hurry up and sign with the Sea Eagles and lets move on.

If the clubs past signing annoucements are any indication, you will know when the team runs out onto the field in March 2011.

I didn't hear it myself, but apparently Matai's manager was on Radio Sport over here this afternoon, and talks between him and the Warriors are "progressing well". A couple of Warriors fans that heard the interview said it sounded like he would be signing with them, and it may be announced mid next week

We may just be waiting on Matai's decision to see if we can have a play at Cronk or not...

The Warriors are in Sydney this weekend and Cleary and Scurrah should be meeting with Matai at some point, would have to be today

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
I think it's been his best year so far in a long time would be a shame to lose him.

Only if he continues his current form.
I really like Matai though, and hope we do re-sign him (at a reasonable price).

Sharks have only tabled their offer this week - next week we will know. My thoughts is if he wanted to stay at Manly he would have done so. Either way the guys a Manly legend and if he is going for the cash then goodluck. He will still be a good player where ever he goes.

Like I say, a tragedy, but if you looked at Matai after three games, and Whare after three games, one was well ahead of the other, and is signed up long term really cheap.

Obviously Matai with his experience, class and passion is street ahead at present, but I don't doubt that after 50 odd games in first grade, Whare will be a gun with added confidence.

I was reading several clubs are chasing the boom back O'Neill from the Storm.  Perhaps we're one of them, which would explain why we're not throwing mega-bucks at Matai's dodgy neck.

The club gets a whole lot of slack for not looking to the future on here, so if they decide to go with Whare i will be happy, frankly Matai is going great at the moment and if we sign him again, then no complaints either.

O'Neill is said to be the best young athlete signed to play League in a long, long time. National long jump champion straight from country QLD. Has made a big impact down south. Not sure how players like him settle into Sydney though!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4