Anymore signings?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Still don't see a damaging back rower in any of the above threads.....compared to the teams left in the top six this year.
Name me one that one makes their run on teams?? None would make the Roosters bench.
Symonds, Mateo, Buhrer( coming back from major leg injury) ....don't think so.
Just saying it as it is folks......

Still don't see a damaging back rower in any of the above threads.....compared to the teams left in the top six this year.
Name me one that one makes their run on teams?? None would make the Roosters bench.
Symonds, Mateo, Buhrer( coming back from major leg injury) ....don't think so.
Just saying it as it is folks......
Maybe we go hard for a big second rower next year like Papali.

Look at it this way. Luke Burgess was our starting prop to begin this past season. We'd need to have 4-5 injuries for him to even hit the bench this coming one, unless they want to give guys like Demetriou or Knight a shot, and he'd be 6-7 injuries away from making the team.

Says to me we have much, MUCH more depth than last year. There could also be some lower tier players coming across too, like Docker, but I'm only taking that from what people on this site have said.
All good.

Have Chase Blair, Delroy Berryman and Wolfie been released ?
How about Manaia Rudolph ?

18-25 needs more punch, we are losing ball playing options that keep things straight on the left edge in Foran so we need more straight aggressive punch through the middle to make it easier for DCE as we are going to struggle to put points unless the reduced interchange works in our favour.

It is not the start of the year you judge the attack when defences open up more easily under fatigue and lacking composed structure it is how it progresses through the season.
@Technical Coach what do you make of the team and structure I tossed up in the 2016 new recruits and young blokes thread?

TOP 25

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Peta Hiku
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Api Koroisau (from Panthers)
10. Nate Myles (from Titans)
11. Feleti Meteo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Matt Parcell (from Jets)
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Lewis Brown (from Panthers)

18. Josh Starling - (46 NRL games experience)
19. Jesse Sene-Lefeo - (38 NRL games experience)
20. Matt Ballin - (215 NRL games experience)
21. Blake Leary - (15 NRL games experience)
22. Luke Burgess - (69 NRL games experience)
23. Nathan Green (from Dragons) (21 NRL games experience)
24. Tim Moltzen (from Tigers) (90 NRL games experience)
25. Fabian Goodall (from Eels)

2nd TIER
26. Addison Demetriou (from NYC)
27. Billy Bainbridge (from NYC)
28. Liam Knight (from NYC)
29. Will Pearsall (from NYC)
30. Jesse Ramien (from NYC)

When you have 494 NRL games worth of experience not in the top 17, I really don't think we NEED anymore signings right now, unless more are released.
18-25 needs more punch, we are losing ball playing options that keep things straight on the left edge in Foran so we need more straight aggressive punch through the middle to make it easier for DCE as we are going to struggle to put points on unless the reduced interchange works in our favour.

It is not the start of the year you judge the attack when defences open up more easily under fatigue and lacking composed structure it is how it progresses through the season.

DCE has been playing off the back of second man plays or a deep option on the right for most of his career not doing much going left he will have to play flat at the line and more central off the back of hole punching forwards to have a good year.

Last edited:
@Technical Coach what do you make of the team and structure I tossed up in the 2016 new recruits and young blokes thread?
J.Lyon will not be 5/8 i cant tell you that for sure, well he might with injuries.
We need to unearth or start developing a 5/8 not taking the safe option of Lyon who has not performed that great filling in at 5/8 over the last few years.(obviously hard to perform when not playing constantly at 5/8)

If we can unearth some punch in the forwards and aggression it will take a load off Matai and Lyon as they do a lot of unselfish hit ups and inspirational defence. The days of Matai and Lyon inspiring with actions consistently are numbered(it really shouldn't be their job anyway) we need to win games off the back of their class again---if they are doing the hard yards next year like the last couple of years they will look flat.

I would be moving on with some of our forwards and backrowers as quick as possible to get a better balance----i can actually see Hiku as a running back rower with offload skills as he starts to put on weight in the future which is a given.

Last edited:
I don't know but if any supporters that are not happy with the signings of myles . Lussick. Api. Brown and Parcell to name a few, have a look at the year we just had. I think we have bought very astutely and will be right in the mix next season . With the likes of Stewart. Matia. Cherry. Killer and Co I think we are looking the goods .

Many on this forum have rightly complained about our lack of power forwards.
I have high hopes our new strength and conditioning team can boost our power/speed across the park. ie everybody is noticeably bigger, faster and more agile at start of season, and no fatties.
None of this starting slow and tapering our fitness at back end - we can't afford it anymore.
I love Donny, but the truth is we fell behind on fitness / power / speed this season. Also, new fitness techniques could freshen up our older players.
Remember when Manly was the hardest, fittest, meanest team in the comp (circa 2008-11).

Demetriou has potential. He is either going to be a Paul Gallon style forward or a Konrad Hurrell style centre.

Either way to match it with the big boys that kids gunna need to get fit.
I would expect he is a year or two off first grade. And probably still growing.

Like most under 20's

Would still like someone to talk about the back rowers we have.......or have not. .....this is our biggest problem.
Some are beating around the bush......

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6