Anyone able to help

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi Everyone,

I am working hard on ways to monetize silvertails and as always get it to try and cover costs, something we have been on the borderline of for years, though I do not calculate my time as part of that. Something that is massively important this year, as financial burdens are hard enough without adding Silvertails to it.

We have a hosting bill due shortly and things are going to be tight in getting it paid. Monetary Donations are not something that I want to ask for especially as it is my long-held dream to turn the site into something at least a little profitable.

To do this rather than ask for cash donations, I am looking for people who have a good track record in business, advertising sales or even success in turning sites into profitable ventures. A big ask I know, but I am looking for donations of time and knowledge to help me build this into something worthwhile and less of a strain. I am willing to offer percentage share in the equity of the site, for anyone that can help if that is what is required to get this going.

Of course I want to reward those for their time as best I can, but unfortunately have nothing to offer at this point.

So if anyone has anyways, ideas or time or anything to turn this project around, that they can donate, please let me know

Cheers
Dan

Take the cash Dan.

For example, if its a $200 bill get 20 of us to kick in $10 each or something like that. I am happy to donate as I am sure others are.

Its easy to collect money via paypal etc.

One of my favourite sites, www.expectingrain.com call for donations all the time, wikipedia was asking for donations a few weeks ago.

In the mean time...what about a $20 membership fee? which includes free entry into the tipping competition.

bob dylan said:
Take the cash Dan.

For example, if its a $200 bill get 20 of us to kick in $10 each or something like that. I am happy to donate as I am sure others are.

Its easy to collect money via paypal etc.

One of my favourite sites, www.expectingrain.com call for donations all the time, wikipedia was asking for donations a few weeks ago.

What he said

I am happy to donate some cash as suggested above, just let me know. You could auction of some collectable Manly merchandise, I have a couple of spare items you can have if its something that you think would work.

Thanks for the offers guys but I am very very uncomfortable with donations.

I sat down with Leanne over lunch and have budgeted some money out our household budget for March. That should cover us and I am going to have a month off the grog.

I like the idea of a membership fee tied to the tipping comp, but won't implement it this year, as it is just too close to the season. I will work on a way to implement that for 2013 perhaps but I want to offer more for the dollars than an essentially honourary membership. we all fork out enough for MWSE memberships and it would not be fair of me to ask the fans for more.

I also wouldn't feel right taking donations if things turn around and this does become a somewhat business I would feel obligated to pay you all back, it's just who I am and you can't fight who you are.

I know there are a few guys out there with some great expertise that I think would be long term more beneficial than short term financial stimulus.

That is what I would most like to leverage, and can in turn offer my technical expertise, parts of the site and so on in order to pay back that help.

Happy to help do coding on sites for people too if they need it, if they can help turn what we have from silvertails into revenue.

The idea of a business directory has now been floated to me by several members which leads me to believe there is value in this proposition. So as part of the new site that I am developing for Silvertails I will work something like this in and see what comes of that.

Dan

Daniel said:
Silvertails merchandise Dan????
Could selling stubbie holders, caps and mouse mats raise some revenue for the site.

Cambo said:
Daniel said:
Silvertails merchandise Dan????
Could selling stubbie holders, caps and mouse mats raise some revenue for the site.

yup this is something I really really want to do.

I am having our logo redesigned at the moment which should allow me to do this, once I have that I will seek prices and start putting some money together to do it.

I think Stubby coolers are the first thing and then mousepads. I wont tread on the membership toes and do caps yet

globaleagle said:
hiya dan,
I'm kinda drunk so this may not come across correctly.

take the cash ya tosser, if people (and i am one too) are happy to chip in, then let us.

tis not charity, we like the site and wanna fell a part of it.

merchandise tis ok, cash better

ok

good

go to it then

peni5 teehee

hahaah I like the sentiments but really cash donations is a last resort. I don't feel like anyone should have to donate to feel a part of the site, I want everyone to feel a part of it as is. If things get really desperate I may call for some help but really do not want to burden anyone else financially.

Lets just see what transpires. I like some of the ideas and I should be able to integrate a business directory as well, just a matter of finding the most suitable.

I really want the experience of turning this into something bigger as well as having the need to anyway :)

truly, 10 or 20 bucks to come on all year and have some fun ain't a problem. Where else can we get ladyboy controversy, fights, fans missing players scoring 4 tries, new posters with all the goss!

Darren said:
truly, 10 or 20 bucks to come on all year and have some fun ain't a problem. Where else can we get ladyboy controversy, fights, fans missing players scoring 4 tries, new posters with all the goss!
And all of jase's pearls of wisdom as relayed by Darren. Lol ;)

In case it was too subtle for some, here's the sledgehammer.

Dan's main revenue raising vehicle at the moment is the tipping comp. If you want to help out then sign up to the tipping comp and pay your $20.00 entry fee. Not only will you be helping out, you'll also be in the running for a great prize. Whether you consider it a donation or not is entirely up to you, for Dan's peace of mind and pride it is an entry fee into a tipping comp.

Don't just stand there, sign up and get your tips in. Dan has put in countless hours to build a wonderful forum to enable you to dazzle us all with your intellect and wit, don't make the poor bastard pay for the privilege as well.

Premium memberships? Paying members can access a section of the forum that can only be viewed and posted by premium silvertails. Maybe provide direct emails to members with something like silvertails news similar to the sea eagles news provided by the club with a combination of the many articles that are posted to the site, that way they dont have to sift through the numerous threads. Plus whatever else you can think of.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6