Anyone interested in writing Previews/reviews for the site?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all,

I wanted to open up a regular spot for people to write reviews and previews for the site on either the round as a whole or just the Sea Eagles games.

Is anyone interested in taking up this mantle?

Cheers
Dan

It's all about the fame and love of the team and game!

Once I get paid you will get paid!

The site currently earns a massive total of aroun 0.20c a week! It costs me more to run the site than I get back!

I am also currently looking at trying to fork out $200USD to get the site re-designed by professional designers.

So in answer to your question. How much do I get paid for providing the site for you?

Dan link said:
I am also currently looking at trying to fork out $200USD to get the site re-designed by professional designers.

Maybe all those who are willing can chip some in to help with that.

Nah mate. I don't want anyone to have to chip in. Everyone has chipped in enough.

I will try and get some sponsorship or paid advertising to pay for it.

Dan

yr a true supporter Dan

If you are unable to find Previews/Reviews you could possibly get them from other websites such as nrl.com ect

and my England not good for that role

I want the site to be much more of a independent site. Whilst I happy for the news from other sites to be a part of this site, my main aim is to make this truly a supporters realm and a place for supporters to share their views and opinions.

We all like to talk and write about Manly and I am not talking about a-grade journalistic quality stuff here. I just want honest and heart felt pieces about Rugby league and this club.

So if you feel like dabbling go nuts.

If you want to advertise you business on here, the rates will be pretty cheap for branding your name in all current banner areas :)

I'll definitely put my hand up on a temporary basis (i.e during uni holidays). Would that be ok?

Cheers.

yeah mate that would be great. Just login to the main site and use the "Submit Article" link on the right hand side and go forgold. I will edit and add.

Thanks heaps mate you are doing a top job with your  lower grade stuff too.

Dan

berkley posts the news from the other sites for us and does a fantastic job of gathering it all for us. I then post it to the main site.

What I am asking for here is individual and unique articles written by the members of the site that are not on any other site

Dan,

I was thinking of doing a Lower Grade Wrap each week, basically going through all the results / updated ladders / fixtures in one post/article. I'll still post the relevant info in their respective forums but I thought this could make it easier and more compatible for members. It'd be posted either on a Wednesday or Thursday each week.

Not sure whether this would be a good idea or not?

Mate that would be absolutely the perfect and worthy of it's own section to the site.

You submit them and I will sort out the rest.

Dan

Okay. I'll start it this week. I'll contact my banner designer and get templates for banners done up.

It may be long though, especially with ladders, fixtures, results etc, is that going to be a problem?

Just write them in and try to give information. We can leave the graphics and banners etc for a while, essentially what I want to get are loads and loads of articles on the site

Dan link said:
berkley posts the news from the other sites for us and does a fantastic job of gathering it all for us. I then post it to the main site.

What I am asking for here is individual and unique articles written by the members of the site that are not on any other site

It used to happen a couple of years ago, Mata had his passionate articles, myself and a couple of others would post round previews from time to time and the past player articles were also adding great reading.

I guess Dan would like a bit of that again, and anyone who is keen is welcomed. Trust me, im about as far from a published author as you could get, none the less the previews i wrote always made for good debate and allowed plenty of good league chat.

Your previews were always good Fluffy. Mata used to write articles for a League Unlimited competition in which he was far the best writer. He didn't win as he was saddled with too many Eels fans.

Great to get a view from the hill that is not sanitised or designed to suck up!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8