ANZ Stadium to undergo $350 million redevelopment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon_eagle

Reserve Grader
See Link:
http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/11/19/anz-stadium-undergo-redevelopment/

To me, it's always been a concrete jungle. A soulless place in the middle of nowhere.

Funny how something that was so state-of-the-art 14 years ago, is now considered bland and out of date.

In a nutshell, the development will involve:

- moveable grandstands that accommodate different sports
- retractable roof
- LED light solution (home team theming)
- capacity will remain the same
- dynamic entertainment zone
- improved accessibility via the West Connex motorway and a possible lightrail from Parra

Wow. I love the idea of the movable grandstand. Always been a shocking ground for watching league/union.

Also the "intimate mode" equally looks impressive.

The stadium owner wants the NSW GOV to fork out 250 million, which will almost certainly happen.

http://www.anzstadium.com.au/the-stadium/anz-stadium-redevelopment

Will the upgrade make more people attend sporting events at ANZ? I mean, is there going to be any more fans at an NRL minor round game between say....Wests Tigers and North Qld?

Honestly, the worst thing that ever happened was letting the AFL hijack the post Olympic re-development for the sake of 2 or 3 games a year (just goes to show which sporting body has the most pull in this country....its not the NRL, ARU or FFA). And as for cricket.....what about Skoda (or is it Spotless?) Stadium if they want a second ground other than the SCG? It would be more suited than ANZ. And if they think they are ever going to get 80,000 fans to a cricket game at ANZ, good luck.

For mine I'd say they would be better off making ANZ Stadium a rectangular venue rather than having more movable seating. The retractable roof isn't a bad thing though.

So, this stadium mob wants the taxpayers of NSW to pay for putting a roof on their concrete cave, and trying to make it a fitting ground to watch rugby league, rugby and soccer?
Tell 'em they're dreamin'.
For $250-Million you could build a fantastic stadium - like the one in Melbourne that the Storm plays at - on the north side of the Harbour to service the millions of residents who don;t live east or west. It wouldn't have to be in the Manly Warringah area - it could be at, say, Willoughby or Artarmon which is well served by bus, train and handy to the Expressway. It could be the home to all first division football clubs on the northside, and host events, music festivals etc.
It would make any future move from Brookie much more acceptable.

I love the idea of the Entertainment Zone. Because nothing beats spending all day hanging out in Homebush.

This will be the equivalent of China's ghost cities pretty much all times except the couple hours before a big game.

Loobs said:
I love the idea of the Entertainment Zone. Because nothing beats spending all day hanging out in Homebush.

This will be the equivalent of China's ghost cities pretty much all times except the couple hours before a big game.

They could sell T-shirts;

"Hangin' @ Homey"

Whichever developer wins this project should ask to be paid in cash up front because this looks like a terrible waste of money.

Loobs said:
Whichever developer wins this project should ask to be paid in cash up front because this looks like a terrible waste of money.

Using wheel barrows to cart the cash ;)

Would prefer the SFS gets the big upgrade than Homebushy.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6