ANZAC Day game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Why is it that the Rorters and Queens have a mortgage on the marque ANZAC Day game? I see the AFL are debating sharing it around between other clubs than Pies and Bombers, surely the same debate is releva
Nt to the NRL?

I agree. It should be shared. Maybe a game between the 2 previous years grand finalists? It should not be the same sides who get the honour each year, thats bull****.

Why not have the test on anzac day? I know its early in the season but it would become a massive tradition. have a T20 match as a lead up aswell, might convert a few non rl ppl to our game.

manlyfan76 said:
Why not have the test on anzac day? I know its early in the season but it would become a massive tradition. have a T20 match as a lead up aswell, might convert a few non rl ppl to our game.

They use to do this

No one is seriously thinking of changing the teams down here Mata. Those teams built it from scratch and so should keep playing. Same goes for the NRL.

What do you care anyways, its a day for those dumb convicts.

They came up with the concept, and have made it what it is on their own, so it is theirs and good luck to them. Warriors and Melbourne have the same arrangement now.

No reason why we can't look at something of our own though, maybe an annual easter sunday clash with the Rabbits or Parra or something

We need either an annual clash on a Sunday either against Parra or Wests.

People my age (30) grew up watching the epic clashes of the eighties between us and the Eels.

Wests is just a given IMO the old Fibro vs Silvertail thing

What utter garbage that the Queens and Rorters have made the game what it is and/or started the concept. Manly and Rabbitohs pre-date the current arrangement with Anzac Day clashes in the 1980s. The one in 1988 made infamous when Souths lost their two points for fielding an illegible player, Scott Wilson.

As for the special ANZAC jumpers today, what a free kick in extra merchandising they represent for the clubs in question. Crass really.

eagles2win said:
Something that ****s me is that they don't have the game on FTA

Agree,but nine has the rights,and part of that is their choice of Fri and Sun games.Should be on FTA,but sucked in nine,you want it this way.Would they change their schedule and show it live?

Matabele said:
What utter garbage that the Queens and Rorters have made the game what it is and/or started the concept. Manly and Rabbitohs pre-date the current arrangement with Anzac Day clashes in the 1980s. The one in 1988 made infamous when Souths lost their two points for fielding an illegible player, Scott Wilson.

As for the special ANZAC jumpers today, what a free kick in extra merchandising they represent for the clubs in question. Crass really.

Well the clubs should have stuck with it then shouldn't they

These 2 have made it stick, and good luck to them

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4