Apology and Sorry

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Are you in support of the Apology made by the Government to the Aboriginal People?

• Heck Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

• No Way!

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Undecided.

Although at least Rudd followed through on a election promise.  Wonder how much it will cost us in future.

I'd imagine Byso is wearing a black armband to pay support to his hero's view that this is a "black armband view of history".

I'm sorry it took Matas 4 replies to this thread to weigh in with his predictable reply.

I think it is about time. Compo won't come of it and really though if it does, in all honesty they ****ing deserve it.

This period was a blight on our nations history and this is the right step towards a unified and better nation.

I think they very much deserve an appology, however, without attaching responsibility.

I just wonder what an appology feels like though coming from people who didn't commit the crime.

Its like a murderers mum saying sorry to you for what her son did to your wife. I would find it quite empty to be honest.

Sure fLIP but it is better than denying it or any wrongs like Howard

Did I say they should deny any wrongs like Howard?

I said to me an appology would feel empty nto coming from the perpetraitors and that the appology should not be seen as taking responsibility for what happened.

That said, it would be nice to know that the current government accepts what sections of the aboriginal community have been through.

I'm 1/12th aboriginal. It doesn't mean anything to me. ;)

Flip link said:
Did I say they should deny any wrongs like Howard?

I said to me an appology would feel empty nto coming from the perpetraitors and that the appology should not be seen as taking responsibility for what happened.

That said, it would be nice to know that the current government accepts what sections of the aboriginal community have been through.

I'm 1/12th aboriginal. It doesn't mean anything to me. ;)

No and I didn't say that you did. what I am saying is given the alternative what would you prefer.

So you have the choice

1 - The ppl who did all that **** are long dead and gone so No apology at all
2 - One from the ancestors and now people who run the nation?

2 is far better than 1

1969 to be precise, but not to the extent it was when it started in the mid 1870's through to around 1960's. More specifically from the early 1900's until the laws ending.

The people who passed and came up with the laws are Long Gone, many of the people involved and who policed the laws are long gone, the few that are left were well in reality carrying on an outdated law, in a still very racist Australia.

The law was finally quashed in 1969 and that is when things changed rapidly.

Do you have some names of those still living who were directly responsible for this?, I doubt it!

Oh and further more to my last post, public awareness on the issue wasn't widespread until the 1980's or 1990's.

I could go on all day

if you say so Dan, i am not Matas and have no intention of playing your little games.

If you honestly think this practice stopped in 1969 you are a fool.

"You could go on all day"?? we all know that you can,and do.

the reality is that in some cases sure it may have carried on beyond 1969, but at the same time the law was overturned so were many passed changing the practice and recognising other rights of indiginous people.

It still stands. Name those living that were responsible beyond 1969, even those living at all!

Fro link said:
I'm sorry it took Matas 4 replies to this thread to weigh in with his predictable reply.

At least I didn't mention that the genocide continues to be swept under the carpet.

Quite easy to say "sorry" for removing kids from homes when secretly the vast majority of white Australians still think "it was for their own good".

Quite another thing to admit to deliberately disposing of them with hunting parties and raping their women to create a half caste population so their land can be expropriated. 

Sounds like a lot of living in the past to me. The whole point of this "sorry" business is to enable people to move forward. Inclusiveness and progress.

No it isnt, its to make politicians and bleeding hearts feel better, if nothing is done to go along with it it is absolutely worthless.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6