Apology

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Note to DSM5

On behalf of all other posters who have pillared you for your views on Orford and his non existant kicking game please accept this apology.

Ryan, just what is it about Orful that you like?  And don't say that he won us everything please.

DSM5 link said:
Ryan, just what is it about Orful that you like?  And don't say that he won us everything please.

Mate, because of where we were before he came on board, to where we are now, since he has been on board. Finals every year. Dally-M player of the year. Captain. Our for versus against since he has been on board. The fact that we are now a heavyweight since he has been board. My expectations of the club since he has been on board is so much higher, and are met. His attitude pre/post match is fantastic. Games where he struck the winning field goals against Parramatta, Melbourne and co come to mind. Matches where he has busted the line to win the game against The Knights for example come to mind. His attitude towards captaincy, and his relationship with the media. His confidence, even when the chips are down. His reaction to criticism.

These are just a few. Everyone is entitled to their opinion I know. I just think on Ox, we will have to agree to disagree here. I rate him. Others don't.

I just think external factors are contributing to Manly poor form atm.

Like, how much money are our blokes betting against themselves to win ! Heheheh - That was  joke by the way.

I see in today's paper that drawford sat in the dressing room yesterday with an ice pack on his groin and ankle.

He seems to have had a groin problem for a couple of years now which is obviously restricting his play and goal kicking.  At 31 his time has just about come. 

Ryan, Sure Orful has won us some games with his kicks, but there's two games this year he's LOST for us.  And the weekends game was not won on the back of his great kicking skills, two kicks out on the full.  Indefensible.  As to the past, I think you should look at others who got us to finals without giving him all the plaudits.  The Dally M, I'm still scratching my head wondering how that came about.  Wasn't someone more worthy scratched out and another injured?  His attitude pre and post game might be wonderful but he leaves it there.  It's just not demonstrated on the field.  He's predictable, muddled when attacking, and can't seem to get the team to concentrate for the full 80.  That's a captains knock.  Players play past their use by date, his has come and gone.  Move on Matty, thanks for the memories, and give the position to someone who might grab it and go with it.  But if you're still on the paddock, give the kicking to another you ball hog, and be the captain Ryan claims you are.  I'm yet to see it.          

I am with you Ryan, he's won more games than he has lost and has been a big part of the last few years.

And to his knockers remember this.

Forwards win games, when they are going backwards half backs and 5/8's are made to look ordinary.

Before you blame the Ox for all our woes, run the highlights package and tell me which forward is doing his job to the fullest...the answer is just about none.

Perry made just 41 metres yesterday.....is that a good stat for a Premiership winning prop??

I am not about bagging Josh, he's been great for us since he came on board but just dont blame Matt for everything!!

You're absolutely right Mark...'the last few years'.  Not this one however, and it's the one that matters now.  Perry was crap sure, as were our other forwards, Cuthbo excepted, but who is to blame.  The Captain?  The playmaker,? Surely not. 

DSM5 link said:
You're absolutely right Mark...'the last few years'.  Not this one however, and it's the one that matters now.  Perry was crap sure, as were our other forwards, Cuthbo excepted, but who is to blame.  The Captain?  The playmaker,? Surely not. 
i agree with DSM5 orford is just too hot n cold,when his game is on its on but when hes off hes way off,id like to see ox attack the line more and see someone like watmough charge onto a ball into a hole and over to score,these last tackle kicks just arent cutting it.

When times a tough a good captain will dig deep, lead by example and inspire the team to follow. Orford isn't doing that at the moment. I do believe he is past his peak.

I believe he was at his peak when he was with the storm and even then I didn't rate him.

He is not losing Manly games, the team is doing that. But in saying that he does not win games for manly that is also a team effort and don't forget Dessy has some input too.

The thing that did it for me was the Jye Mullane kick for touch on the last in the 2nd half that went into the top deck of the Grand Stand

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Forwards win games, when they are going backwards half backs and 5/8's are made to look ordinary.

Before you blame the Ox for all our woes, run the highlights package and tell me which forward is doing his job to the fullest...the answer is just about none.

I haven't seen these last few games (Setanta in the uk seems to have lost interest in the nrl and has gone from 3 to 1 game per week), which is a bit of a blessing at present. So I don't have anything to say about Orford's recent peformances. But Mark's question is the one I always ask first when people start bagging playmakers. I haven't seen too many comments or threads about how **** the forwards are going as a pack. (Ballin got a pasting by kiwi eagle)

In general I don't think Orford is a world class player (we only have 2-3 now I would say), and if playing injured he loses his running game which was a strength in years gone by. But I think he's good enough in a well performing team to make it a winning team most of the time. And he's a gutsy little bugger so I have a soft spot for him.

I really think he goes alot better with another playmaker around which is why I was on the 'keep Lyon at 5/8 ticket' from the get go (bailey: solid 13 from what I've seen so far, but can someone say they see a 5/8 emerging in the recent games?) I really think that was a mistake once stewart was sidelined.

anyway, onward and upward from here. maybe some of those kids firing up in the reggies are close to a shot....

DSM5 - I just watched The Knights game for the 1st time. I will openly admit Orford was plain terrible in that performance, and for him to come out and critique the team after his poor effort is a bit much.

BUT, my stance on him stands - glad he's an Eagle.

His last performance this bad was a win against Canberra in Canberra (we actually won), and he was coming back from injury.

Jeez I hope he has more precision this week. Come on Ox, show em why I rate you buddy !

Are we sure he is playing?
Heard on Fox Sports he was still under an injury cloud and that Robertson had an injured wrist also.....I hope they are both ok to play.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6