Apparently She Rex Reckons he lost his desire last year???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dear god, I hope they use him as an 80 minute player!
He will become invisible with all their massive players around him.

These two statements/paragraphs concern me:-

1. "Des has shown a lot of confidence and faith in me," Williams said. "He pretty much got the best out of me."Des really knows what he's doing. He's always positive and gets you through what you need to get through. He works you hard. But it's up to me to put in my best. Des's expertise will improve areas I need to improve on."

2.Williams played just 15 games for the Sea Eagles last season. His defection to the Bulldogs on a four-year deal after 72 games and four seasons at Brookvale was among the distractions he believes prevented him from playing his best. "I had a couple of injuries this year and the suspension meant I was out for a number of weeks. It was a slow process," he said. "It's not an excuse but I didn't get myself going and I just 'wasn't there'."
Asked whether signing with Canterbury was a factor, Williams said: "That as well. I loved Manly and was very close to the Manly boys. It (the Bulldogs deal) kind of got in the way. There were times in a game when I was good and times when I went missing. That is something I want to work on this season. Dessie has some work to do with me there."

I don't know about anyone else, but I thought that was kind of disrespectful to our current coaching crop.

Ryan said:
These two statements/paragraphs concern me:-

1. "Des has shown a lot of confidence and faith in me," Williams said. "He pretty much got the best out of me."Des really knows what he's doing. He's always positive and gets you through what you need to get through. He works you hard. But it's up to me to put in my best. Des's expertise will improve areas I need to improve on."

2.Williams played just 15 games for the Sea Eagles last season. His defection to the Bulldogs on a four-year deal after 72 games and four seasons at Brookvale was among the distractions he believes prevented him from playing his best. "I had a couple of injuries this year and the suspension meant I was out for a number of weeks. It was a slow process," he said. "It's not an excuse but I didn't get myself going and I just 'wasn't there'."
Asked whether signing with Canterbury was a factor, Williams said: "That as well. I loved Manly and was very close to the Manly boys. It (the Bulldogs deal) kind of got in the way. There were times in a game when I was good and times when I went missing. That is something I want to work on this season. Dessie has some work to do with me there."

I don't know about anyone else, but I thought that was kind of disrespectful to our current coaching crop.

If his head wasn't in it, as he claims, then why then try and pass blame to the coaching staff for not getting the best out of him, even when they persisted with his involvement every week and for 80mins, when many of us were calling for him to be 'rested'.

I think he's just another mentally soft player that fades in and out of games and even Des isn't going to (re)tweak him into a consistant footballer.

the mauler said:
Trex talked himself up last year and couldn't deliver. Simple as that. No one to blame but himself.

That's true he certainly did and got us excited over nothing.

His heart matches Ritchie's brain: Tiny.

"Des has shown a lot of confidence and faith in me," Williams said. "He pretty much got the best out of me."Des really knows what he's doing. He's always positive and gets you through what you need to get through. He works you hard. But it's up to me to put in my best. Des's expertise will improve areas I need to improve on."....must be hard to say all that with your mouth full......

Rubbish player who is lazy in defence. Teams will use their little men to run him around this year and tire him out so his attack will be crap.

The NRL needs to reduce the number of interchanges so that useless logs like Williams are out of the game

The sad thing is that Manly still has to use some of their salary cap for him next year and we could lose a player that REALLY wants to play for us instead of using it on a dog like him.

There is no way he got all those words out in one day. And if playing/winning finals football doesn't get you going then you need to find something else to do with your time.

tookey said:
The NRL needs to reduce the number of interchanges so that useless logs like Williams are out of the game

This ^^. I've been looking for this every year. Get it back down to 5 interchanges. The game has evolved into recruiting massive athletes who can run hard and fast for short periods of time.

We will never see the likes of Cliffy Lyons again until we get naturally tiring forward packs on the field so that halves like Cliffy can weave their magic.

Making the game a fast and high scoring spectacle does not excite me more than watching a game evolve with tiring players, desperate defence, and crafty halves coming into the picture.

These comments reflect purely on his poor character, not something his So-called ex Manly team mates or coaches will appreciate.
Heres the thing - watch Fa'aso & Horo who are 30 kg smaller in stature but play 100 kg more aggressive without hiding when the going gets tough.
He can have all the Des he wants but he lacks the key ingredient - Heart. If they remake Wizard of Oz he will no doubt play the Tin Man imo....

Nothing more than media spin

Great way to deflect pressure after a poor year...plus it is in the tele....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6