Are Melbourne lucky and over rated so far?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
susan r had a bold prediction the storm would peter out into a drizzle in the run home. any revisions on this susan? I haven't seen them enough but I was hoping susan was right. still I think if we peak at the right time we can beat them. we play them late in the season so we'll see...

Got it totally wrong Ian as they seem to have the capacity to grind out wins against the lower sides both home and away which you have to give credit for.I also said the tigers would struggle badly,brisbane would go well and we would make top 4 before a ball was kicked(which seemed crazy to many) so not all bad on my part.

As the original post says they have done nothing really against the better opposition but the same could be said for us I suppose.I think we will beat them easily at brooky and the dragons will get them at AAMI as well.Will be tipping Brisbane tomorrow .In my opinion we have a couple of gears left while they are at full capacity and on neutral or home grounds we will have their measure.Having said that I think the Saints will win the comp pretty comfortably with us or brisbane playing them in GF- their style is perfect for finals footy and i think they are better than last year.Easy for fans to knock them,much harder to actually beat them.

Going forward I see us and Brisbane as being the gun sides over the next few years.

I tipped the drizzle for the spoon a few months back, I just keep waiting for them to fall over but they won't. If one of Slater Smith or Cronk could just get injured, I would really appreciate it. :)

Saints have the game to beat us anyday-anywhere. They just build intensity until we make a mistake-then bang. We need to play a low percentage arm wrestle with them, and hope luck and ref decisions go our way. I think we CAN get over the top of them-but Dessie is the key here. The real contest is in the coaching box.
Makes for some great matches come finals time.

The purples have exceeded most peoples expectations myself included. They have 3-4 stars & the rest make up the numbers but i did not think they could hold the intensity this long. Still believe a lack of overall quality means little hope come the finals. Illawarra are very predictable but give nothing & unless the execution is way better in that red zone it will be a slow death. Still have an 08 feel that the Seaeagles can click & beat them well on any given day. Only others are Boncos & Nth Qld (with Thurston) & Tigers who defend poorly & can only win a shootout not a grind.

MK Eagle said:
The purples have exceeded most peoples expectations myself included. They have 3-4 stars & the rest make up the numbers but i did not think they could hold the intensity this long. Still believe a lack of overall quality means little hope come the finals. Illawarra are very predictable but give nothing & unless the execution is way better in that red zone it will be a slow death. Still have an 08 feel that the Seaeagles can click & beat them well on any given day. Only others are Boncos & Nth Qld (with Thurston) & Tigers who defend poorly & can only win a shootout not a grind.

Storm are a good team this thread is nothing but jealousy..You just have to look at last year when they were getting torn apart from pillar to post by the salary cap auditors , the media & any one else who threw their 2 bobs worth in. Last yr they were stripped of their points & dropped to the bottom of the ladder on minus points,& yet somehow for a team who had nothing to play all year accumulated more wins than we did .. Dont underestimate them .

I say jealousy only because if we were on top & not storm & we had their draw, everyone in hear wouldn`t be commenting on how we have played more games at home & blah blah blah..

jjai said:
MK Eagle said:

Storm are a good team this thread is nothing but jealousy..You just have to look at last year when they were getting torn apart from pillar to post by the salary cap auditors , the media & any one else who threw their 2 bobs worth in. Last yr they were stripped of their points & dropped to the bottom of the ladder on minus points,& yet somehow for a team who had nothing to play all year accumulated more wins than we did .. Dont underestimate them .

I say jealousy only because if we were on top & not storm & we had their draw, everyone in hear wouldn`t be commenting on how we have played more games at home & blah blah blah..
Not sure what part of my post you agree or disagree with - cant quite find anything about a bad team - more about over achieving & regardless if they were 1st or 4th my opinion would be the same. All will be justified come the finals. Remember this team that had nothing to play for last year were still way over the cap & the Seaeagles beat them well in 2010 if memory serves correct & far from full strength.
The jealousy stuff - my only concern is who wins the comp not who leads with 6 or so rounds to go???
Quote this - There are at least 3 bigger dangers to Manly THIS year than Purples.

Plenty on here were quick to write off the Storm this season. They were way off the mark. I wasn't one of them but that doesn't make me any happier. I wish they were right!

Yeah, Storm are far better than most of us thought/hoped - but they have a harder draw in the so-called 'glory rounds' that us, Illawarra or Brisbane.

If someone didnt speak up last year they would have won the comp again but I like some of the lesser names like Jesse Bromwich, Ryan Hinchcliffe, Kevin Proctor and Matt Duffie all which have come from the Toyota Cup.

If they didn't cheat the cap they wouldn't have as many players as they do now in the first place. The are still feeling the ramifications now with Blair leaving and a few off contract players they won't be able to keep.

Brisbane will beat Melbourne in Melbourne on Friday night, dispelling the Storm myth.

jjai said:
wasn`t at you or anyone in general MK i just clicked on the wrong reply button.. :D
All good mate - still stick by the call they have overachieved but put my hand up as 1 who is suprised at where they are at this point of the season. ;)

MK Eagle said:
jjai said:
wasn`t at you or anyone in general MK i just clicked on the wrong reply button.. :D
All good mate - still stick by the call they have overachieved but put my hand up as 1 who is suprised at where they are at this point of the season. ;)

Hey if it wasnt for them getting busted we wouldnt have even made the 8 last year..

Well the Scum have once again showed they are the real deal, their defense is similar to Stgeorge. It makes me sick that they are going so well, i hope we smash them.

CLIT COMMANDER said:
Brisbane will beat Melbourne in Melbourne on Friday night, dispelling the Storm myth.

I was hoping You were going to be right.

Alas, we were both wrong.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7