Are the Roosters worried

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
Roosters official takes legal advice over claim
Date: July 16 2010

theage.com.au

Glenn Jackson

FORMER Melbourne recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan will seek legal advice after being implicated in the Storm salary cap scandal by News Ltd executives.

O'Sullivan, currently employed by Sydney Roosters, said last night he would be talking to lawyers ''on a number of issues'' after he was linked with the cap rort alongside four other officials described by News Ltd chief executive John Hartigan as ''rats in the ranks''.

Roosters chief executive Steve Noyce said he would be seeking to view the passages of the document which related to O'Sullivan to find out the extent of his alleged involvement.

Noyce said he had spoken with O'Sullivan about being originally linked to the salary cap breaches when the Storm were handed their unprecedented penalties - and would do so again after he was named as one of five officials who at least had knowledge of transactions that were part of the Storm's systematic breaches.

''Obviously we'll speak again,'' Noyce said.

Although Hartigan named O'Sullivan - along with disgraced chief executive Brian Waldron, the suspended Matt Hanson and Paul Gregory, and former chief financial officer Cameron Vale - News executives appeared to back down when it came to the extent of the former Storm recruitment manager's involvement.

''A small group of senior managers at the club orchestrated and concealed the extra payments,'' Hartigan said. ''The investigation has identified five managers who were either directly involved or were involved in transactions that resulted in the breaches.''

He said there was evidence some worked together to ''cover their tracks''. News's Peter Macourt clarified that later, saying of O'Sullivan: ''We don't have evidence that he knew they'd breached the salary cap either. He was involved in a transaction that cumulates to part of a salary cap breach - it doesn't mean he knew that it did, just that he was involved in it.''

Hartigan said there was no place for Hanson and Gregory at the club.

I think question has been raised about their player signings and the Dugan deal was supposly done and dusted then suddenly he stayed.

The Roosters definately go over the Cap from time to time, why do you reckon Gus Gould tries to defend the Storm by attacking the NRL over its cap policies.

The Roosters are a disgrace, they have no Juniors, are based in  an area where noone cares about RL and just steal players from other Clubs. Look at their current team, Anastabator (big $), Junior Junior (Good $), DUI man (big $), Ryles (good $), Nate Myles (big $). There is no way they are under the cap.

Not sure if you can speculate re the roosters and current cap

Look at us

Lyon - big money
Watmough - Big Money
Stewart Brothers - big money
Wolfman / T Rex - decent money from upgrade
Perry - most likely big money

Any truth in the rumours that the ABC 4 corners program will be aired in the next few weeks, and what did they uncover, whether what they broadcast is true or otherwise

But look what has gone out of Manly over the last 2 seasons. We would be pushing the cap but not exceeding the cap.

I still cant believe the Raiders went over the cap this year - they must be paying overs for so many players.

yeah manly would be sailing close to the wind with the salary cap , we have our fair share of good high priced players none who look  like leaving anytime soon (choc , Jamie , gift, snake , ha ha and maybe k foran ) but we still pay a bit unders i think to live in manly and to play in a successful club ....

Sorry, I should back my statements up:-

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/food-fig...0705-zxml.html

WATTS NEW

The Sydney Roosters have followed up the announcement they have signed Canberra's Justin Carney with confirmation they have also secured North Queensland utility Anthony Watts. Watts's manager Sam Ayoub yesterday said Watts, who has been in strong form for a poorly performing side, had agreed to a three-year deal with the Roosters. Watts's signature may spell the end of James Aubusson's stint with the club. With Jake Friend and now Watts on the club's books, and fellow hooker Aubusson off contract at the end of the season, the club is unlikely to re-sign the latter.

The other hilarious rejoinder to this is that the Roosters CEO is quoted in today's Herald as not being interested in Storm players as they would rather look after their youngsters!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

(What youngsters - they buy them from everyone else!!!!???)

Canteen Worker link said:
The other hilarious rejoinder to this is that the Roosters CEO is quoted in today's Herald as not being interested in Storm players as they would rather look after their youngsters!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

.. they must have a feeder club like we do ..  what about their u20`s team ..

Rambo1987 link said:
But look what has gone out of Manly over the last 2 seasons. We would be pushing the cap but not exceeding the cap.

I still cant believe the Raiders went over the cap this year - they must be paying overs for so many players.

I think the problem is teams have to spend 90% or 95% of their cap, so if they have crap players they have to pay overs for them. There have been a few teams I've thought "how are they over the cap when their roster is rubbish" but it's just a strange quirk of the system we've got. Mind you the Raiders have got a pretty good team even if most of them are youngsters.

Canteen Worker link said:

Surely he was joking.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7