Are the Sharks a one man team?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Are the Sharks a one man team?

• Yes

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Yes but Carney is not the team

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

eelcatcher

Reserve Grader
Losing to one of the 2 wooden spoon favorites at their own home stadium with a full crowd is bad enough, but with Todd Carney out I notice the Sharks transform into a completely different team.

Local derbies or rivalries always produce results like that, look at us v parra, I wouldn't read too much into the Sharks on the back of that one

Kiwi Eagle said:
Local derbies or rivalries always produce results like that, look at us v parra, I wouldn't read too much into the Sharks on the back of that one

Yeah maybe. But I was looking at the performances of the Sharks and Roosters. Like when the Chooks signed up Carney they went from Wooden Spooners of 09 to Grand Finalists in 10. And then in 2011 after a series of off field incidents with Carney the Roosters failed to make top 8. Then in 2012 Sharkies sign him and jumped from 13th spot in 2011 to top 8! And I notice the complete change in the team whenever Carney is not playing. So its pretty obvious that Todd Carney is the Sharks and if he is still injured when we face them at Brookie in a couple of weeks, should be VERY easy meat. Not even Mick can truely say that Manly would lose that match.

He is their attacking key no doubt about that, losing him mid game will always hurt

Pretty sure they still have Chad Townsend there who is a very handy player that can capably fill Carneys spot, not with the same x factor though

Not sure whether the Sharks are a one man team or not they just have crap centres, a very average half and fullback - that is their problem IMO.

I reckon the Titans are the lucky team in 2013 - they caught us somehow and the Riff basically through the game away dropping balls over the line and bombing many other chances.

eagles2win said:
They'd could line up with 17 u7's players and we could line up with the Australian team and I'll still be worried

And I'll still tip the Sharks.....:p

I hope they rest him next week. then back the next against us at Brookie...Sunday arvo too...looking forward to that one.:)

I expected a bit more from Lewis when Carney went off, but he didn't deliver.

Chip and Chase said:

I was expecting more from him as well, but I actually think the players are really struggling with the dynamics of the pack with the new signings

Gallen is used to doing everything for that Sharks pack, and with the purchase of Lewis and Heighington he doesn't need to do as much and isn't quite finding the right balance in that. Luke Lewis much the same, was the kingpin of the pack at Penrith but that role isn't needed at the Sharks

Flanagan has some work to do to find the right roles in that pack, miles of talent there if they can get it to blend

Well according to the news Todd Carney is expected to miss 2 weeks due to injury. Means he will most likely not be coming up to play at Brookie against us.

I knew it!!! They are a one man team, without Carney the Sharks collapse!! Tonight is proof of that!! Manly by 30 next Sunday!!

Kiwi Eagle said:
Chip and Chase said:

Gallen is used to doing everything for that Sharks pack, and with the purchase of Lewis and Heighington he doesn't need to do as much and isn't quite finding the right balance in that. Luke Lewis much the same, was the kingpin of the pack at Penrith but that role isn't needed at the Sharks

Flanagan has some work to do to find the right roles in that pack, miles of talent there if they can get it to blend

You are exactly right Kiwi, they need lewis to play more of a ball playing role as Gallen and Heighington can handle the hard stuff though the middle. I think the commentators were saying the same thing during the match. When they find the right balance with their roles they will be a very hard team to beat.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6