Are we actually going to miss Foran?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Are manly going to miss Kieran Foran

• Yes

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • No

Votes: 34 72.3%

• Total voters

Brookvale2015

Reserve Grader
My question to you manly fans are we going to miss Kieran Foran as much as everybody thinks? I really think losing Kieran will make DCE a better player. Look at the stats of cherry when Kieran doesn't play he lifts to another level, 3 man of the match awards while Kieran has been out. And we are most likely to replace him with the future Australian fullback so do we really lose anything with Kieran leaving? But of course we probably going to miss him a little bit I mean he is the New Zealand pivot.

The Foran of 2 and 3 years ago.....definitely. The reality is he hasn't been that player for the last 12 to 18 months. Whether this has been through injury or attitude or a combination of the two, probably only Foran knows 100percent.

I do think this will allow DCE to finally feel that he has full ownership of the team as the dominant half. Time will tell how positive that switch will be.

Who is his replacement for next year?

We don't even know who it will be so at this stage yes we will miss him

I heard Nathan Buckley (Collingwood coach) talk about trading players out and in. He used real examples of players and showed how it can work. Some of the players had become "stale" or just did not quote fit a changing culture and yet were re vitilised at a new Club.

I think Foran may fall into that category. He may set the world on fire (again) at Parra but that may not mean he would have done that with us. At the price he got he should have run out the door and we should have booked the cab.

I would rather see young guys battling to stay competitive then highly paid long terms looks stale.

Life will go on without Foran. Personally given a choice between he and DCE, then DCE every day of the week for me. A fully committed Foran is a great player and he has the ability to lift a team with his toughness and leadership, but he has a limited ball playing game, and not really a top shelf kicking game. I'd would have liked to have held onto him but not at the $$$ Parra threw his way. He needs good, brave hole runners to make him shine, players willing to go deep into the line.

Having said that though, he is streets ahead of our current 5/8 choice for 2016.

Wonder if there is any fire around these Jack Bird rumours? I know he wants to stay in the 6 and he's got buckleys of that happening at the Sharks with Maloney and Townsend on board...

The fans might not ,but that team sure will.The team will struggle for a bit & I'm ok with that.
Look forward to watching new blokes & new styles of play.
Saying that ,I don't think we will be in the wilderness for that long.

Wonder if there is any fire around these Jack Bird rumours? I know he wants to stay in the 6 and he's got buckleys of that happening at the Sharks with Maloney and Townsend on board...
image.jpg

Do we all have short memories ?
We have moved on and conquered without greater players than Foran
Foran has now gone to improve his football career just like Choc has
laughing_and_pointing_emoticon_312207.jpg

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10