Are we being too harsh on Barrett?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bencher
After the Parramatta loss, we want his head on a platter, yet:

* Parra are clearly a better side, would be equal with the Broncos, and ahead of the Titans, if the hadn't loss their points.
* They are still ahead of our for/against even after being readjusted.
* Parra have beaton us the last 5 straight.
* They were at Pirtek.
* Lyon, Parcell, and Myles were expected to play, but didn't eventuate.
* Ferris drops 3 balls cold, would not do that in his whole career. Turbo drops 2.

We lose by 1 point, over a 50/50 call that always goes against us, after winning 4 games straight, and we say:

"Off with his head!"

Consider what Barrett has coped with:

* First season coach.
* Horrendous run of injuries.
* Off field dramas and match fixing.

All this, and we are still a bolters chance of making the 8, albeit unlikely now.

Sure he plays Walker out of position, but I remember everyone calling for Williames jatz crackers, and now we realise the blokes not too shabby!

I say, give Barrett a break, I can see him being a star of the future... Rant over.

I don't - I think the playing group let him. Defensively, we fought hard. Barrett couldn't help the bad refereeing decisions, the poor ball control, and the terribly low energy levels of his players.

Something was very amiss, and I'm betting (pardon the pun) we may hear something about this game down the track.

We shouldn't be above the bottom 4 ATM but we are and it's a credit to baz, he has kept this group together. He has made great moves towards the future (Jake Skipper, AFB, Parker, Knight all debuting). He IMO has done really well but he cops to much for some of his failed experiments. Walker to 5/8 been forced upon him because Lyon didn't want to play 5/8 early on and our recruitment was poor in not getting a 6. We've got green now which is great. And also the injuries! So many!!!

Snake (basically all season out with injury)
Matai (Season)
Lawrence (Season)
Hodges (Season)
DCE (missed a lot of games)

And all the other injuries he has done so well.

We shouldn't be above the bottom 4 ATM but we are and it's a credit to baz, he has kept this group together. He has made great moves towards the future (Jake Skipper, AFB, Parker, Knight all debuting). He IMO has done really well but he cops to much for some of his failed experiments. Walker to 5/8 been forced upon him because Lyon didn't want to play 5/8 early on and our recruitment was poor in not getting a 6. We've got green now which is great. And also the injuries! So many!!!

Snake (basically all season out with injury)
Matai (Season)
Lawrence (Season)
Hodges (Season)
DCE (missed a lot of games)

And all the other injuries he has done so well.
We are 11th on minus 41 . You are easy to please :)

After what he has had to go through this year 11th is great
Fact is Neil Henry went through similar with a less quality roster and the Titans were rated wooden spoon favourites at the start of the season but Henry overcame all this adversity and his team is above ours 7th with a plus 17 . Great coaches overcome adversity

No

**** Barrett

He's had the same sort of year that Toovey did last year with a much better squad and props other than Clarice

He should be fired after hiring an obsolete old **** and replaced with a dumb rookie with bad hair, his support should also be replaced with the worst available replacements known to man

Fact is Neil Henry went through similar with a less quality roster and the Titans were rated wooden spoon favourites at the start of the season but Henry overcame all this adversity and his team is above ours 7th with a plus 17 . Great coaches overcome adversity
Neil Henry hasn't had to play with a different team basically every week. Neil Henry doesn't have 1 playmaker on his roster like we do.

Wow, parra has gone thru 100 times worst but always manage to compete every week, go figure.
Personally, I don't envy the Eels their coach. Nor their position on the ladder, their laughable ineptitude and gross cheating, their history of interminable failure...nothing.
But that's just me!

Neil Henry went through similar...
...Great coaches overcome adversity
Ah, now he's a great coach! After 10 years, and 3 clubs...

Neil Henry hasn't had to play with a different team basically every week. Neil Henry doesn't have 1 playmaker on his roster like we do.
His number one half back has been out since the beginning of the season and is out for the whole season
You obviously are talking through rose garden Barrett eyes
You can colour Barrett up as much as you like :)
Titans: Kane Elgey (ACL, season), Matt Srama (knee, season), Daniel Mortimer (hamstring, indefinite), John Olive (factured collarbone, Round 23), David Shillington (pec, Round 23), Nathan Davis (broken leg, season), Will Zillman (foot, Round 23), Karl Lawton (broken leg, season), Nathan Friend (hamstring, Round 24)

Personally, I don't envy the Eels their coach. Nor their position on the ladder, their laughable ineptitude and gross cheating, their history of interminable failure...nothing.
But that's just me!

Ah, now he's a great coach! After 10 years, and 3 clubs...
We will see how many years Barrett will last LOL

No It is a results driven business and he should be given the same consideration as toovey was last year

Join the unemployment queue Barrett and hire someone who can coach otherwise we sill start treating missing out on the semis each year as acceptable

If we get Lyon, Parcell, and Myles back next week, Walker back to Centre, we may just beat the Dogs, Storm, Raiders, and Panthers, make the semis, and Yeah Nah will be a Supercoach! Let's all get behind this guy, he wear's our colours, and shows his passion for the Mighty Eagles.

I wish all these people who said lay off him, I wish you were my boss. Wow, parra has gone thru 100 times worst but always manage to compete every week, go figure.
That had half a season being massively over the cap so you kinda have to that into account. Since they got under the cap they've lost more than won.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7