ARL rejects Lyon's rep retirement request

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
ARL rejects Lyon's rep retirement request

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...01/2504298.htm

Sea Eagles star Jamie Lyon faces suspension from the NRL if he refuses to make himself for representative fixtures in 2009.
The Australian Rugby League's (ARL) board has rejected Lyon's request to be made exempt from representative football.
An ARL spokesman says if Lyon is selected and refuses to play, he will be stood down from the corresponding NRL match.
The Manly five-eighth was overlooked for last year's State of Origin series after he told New South Wales coach Craig Bellamy he did not want to play.
The spokesman says Lyon does not meet the League's criteria to retire from rep football.
He says Lyon's request was rejected because he is only 27, he has not played 10 years in the NRL and he does not have any long-standing injury problems.

Another Gallop NRL stuff up. I guess we will see Jamie playing at either St Helen's or a multi-coloured French jersey if he gets pissed off enough. They are a deadset joke.

Interesting. I can sort of see the NRL's point of view, you don't want players disrespecting the rep jumpers, it sort of cheapens the whole process. It should be every players aim to play rep football. However do they really want to pick a player whose heart isn't in it ?

Wonder if they will call his bluff this year.

Chip and Chase I agree, BUT, it should be, it shouldn't have to be.  The NRL are a pack of idiots.  They sell the game short themselves. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6