Armchair coaching

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I am the worst armchair coach there is but here goes....

1. Taupau is not an 80 minute edge player. He should come on for 15 minutes before half time and wreak havoc. The mission statement should be to belt someone (legally) and tear it up on a roving mission wherever he wants the ball. We need him itching to get onto the field so he shouldn't be starting the match. He can come on in the second half and do some damage when need be.

2. It's a simple game...tackle hard and run hard. We are thinking too much about what we are going to do when should simply rip in like the Eels have been doing. Charge with the ball and bruise in defence. The attack will come from simply having a bit of space to work with due to matching the opposition in the middle.

3. DCE actually had a dig last night and apart from some wayward kicks, did everything he could to spark the team.

I am the worst armchair coach there is but here goes....

1. Taupau is not an 80 minute edge player. He should come on for 15 minutes before half time and wreak havoc. The mission statement should be to belt someone (legally) and tear it up on a roving mission wherever he wants the ball. We need him itching to get onto the field so he shouldn't be starting the match. He can come on in the second half and do some damage when need be.

2. It's a simple game...tackle hard and run hard. We are thinking too much about what we are going to do when should simply rip in like the Eels have been doing. Charge with the ball and bruise in defence. The attack will come from simply having a bit of space to work with due to matching the opposition in the middle.

3. DCE actually had a dig last night and apart from some wayward kicks, did everything he could to spark the team.
Taupau stands way too flat in attack and with no one talented enough to time a pass to put him through a gap he gets smashed when he hits the defensive line. If you think DCE had a dig last night then I must have been at the Lions v Collingwood game.

Taupau stands way too flat in attack and with no one talented enough to time a pass to put him through a gap he gets smashed when he hits the defensive line. If you think DCE had a dig last night then I must have been at the Lions v Collingwood game.
He did command the ball and he played nice and direct...he was very unlucky not to have the assist with the forward pass to Wright...that was a terrible call.

All our problems stem from the coach,defensive coach and fitness coach. Firstly Barrett is crap,Tapau is not a 80 minute player, Walker is not a five eight,Brown is not a centre. And against the Broncos why did he start withe Vave when it was fast paced and we needed a mobile front rower like BJ or Lussick? Buhrer should have been on the bench with T Red in the second row.

I would like to see Taupau used more on the fringe rather than a battering ram up the middle,also how the hell does he get 3 weeks when that thug Blair gets a combined 2 weeks for 2 indiscretions in 2 weeks, the 2nd one being a chicken wing which had to be at least a 3 week ban!

I think Manly are really struggling cause they are too expansive with the ball before the go forward has been established. We have a massive hole at 5/8 and any recruitment needs to address that ASAP.

It is clear we are well behind the top clubs at the moment. Hopefully the team will learn more in this adverse time as we have some good players out there but they need to pull together!

My armchair has zero talent but is in line for Origin, thanks to my ability as an armchair coach.

Can your armchair select Myles for the Maroons? I'd really like NSW to win it this year.

If Myles ran any slower, I reckon he'd actually be running backwards.

Can your armchair select Myles for the Maroons? I'd really like NSW to win it this year.

If Myles ran any slower, I reckon he'd actually be running backwards.
I heard even Myles Granddad said he's not playing good enough for Origin.
Maybe it was the old boy out there, showing him how it's done? ;)

This armchair coach (and coach of the 1997 SARL U/14 premiers - that's big time baby :p ) is going to YART (or should that now be YATT??).

Depending on injury and suspension (sorry but Taupau will get a holiday), I think next week our team should be:

FB - Stewart
WG - Wiliame
CE - Walker
CE - Matai
WG - T. Trbojevic
FE - Lyon
HB - Cherry-Evans
PR - Lussick
HK - Parcell
PR - Myles
SR - Buhrer
SR - Symonds
LK - J. Trbojevic

Res - Brown, Lawrence, Fonua-Blake, Vave.

If Snake is still out, Tommy to FB and Wright on the wing (hopefully Turbo's ankle is ok). Walker and Killer swapping is a must with Killer only in the centres if Skivy is still injured, then it should be Api (fitness depending) or Mateo at 5/8, though in all honesty I can't see Barrett swapping Killer and Walker. Vave back to the bench with Lussick to start and Ferris and T-Red in the back row.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6