Around the games

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Around the games
By Steve Mascord
May 14, 2005

Bulldogs v Manly

Venue: Telstra Stadium.
Time: Today 5.35pm.

The Dogs' premiership curse has struck again with prop Nate Myles ruled out for eight to 12 weeks with a knee injury. "He has a partially torn medial ligament and bone bruising," coach Steve Folkes said. "We thought he was going to be able to play but it gradually got worse and we sent him in for tests on Wednesday." Chris Armit will start with Adam Brideson coming onto the bench. Manly coach Des Hasler will give injured props Jason King and Brent Kite (both shoulder injuries) until an hour before kick-off to prove their fitness.

South Sydney v Melbourne

Venue: Aussie Stadium.
Time: Tonight 7.35.

Five-eighth John Sutton was added to the Rabbitohs' squad late yesterday after being cleared to return from a sternum injury. Coach Shaun McRae wasn't saying what role Sutton would play. Souths have parted company with winger Shane Marteene, effective immediately. "It was a mutual decision," chief executive Shane Richardson said.
Match of the round:
North Queensland v Brisbane

Venue: Dairy Farmers Stadium.
Time: Tonight 7.35pm.

Cowboys coach Graham Murray has decided to omit Jaiman Lowe from his five-man bench. Murray has also detected a change in the way Brisbane captain Darren Lockyer plays the game, explaining: "He always used to defend with Tonie Carroll, who was effectively his minder. But I've noticed in recent games David Stagg has been filling that role, even when Carroll is on the field. Effectively, Darren is switching sides in defence and it will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow." Brisbane travelled to Townsville yesterday without 18th man Darren Smith.
Warriors v Roosters

Venue: Ericsson Stadium.
Time: Tomorrow 12.05pm*.

Roosters coach Ricky Stuart has decided against using five-eighth Jamie Soward, whose father died on Monday. "It was always going to be tough in the situation Jamie was in," Stuart said. "He's 20 years old, he's only played one game and under no circumstances would I ever pressure him. I've made the decision for him." Craig Wing moves from hooker to pivot with Stuart Webb shifting off a six-man bench to rake's role.
Newcastle v Wests Tigers

Venue: EnergyAustralia Stadium.
Time: Tomorrow 2.35pm.

NSW Residents prop Jamie Small is one step away from his first grade debut after Wests Tigers interchange forward Bryce Gibbs - the man tackled high by Kane Cleal last week - was ruled out yesterday. "Bryce has a leg injury which was the main concern but, along with the knock, it was enough to convince us to rule him out," coach Tim Sheens said. Chris Paterson is the other candidate to come in. Dane Campbell has been confirmed as a replacement for injured Newcastle halfback Steve Witt with Mark Hughes or Brad Tighe likely to join the backline for fellow casualty Kurt Gidley.
Canberra v Cronulla

Venue: Canberra Stadium.
Time: Tomorrow 3.05pm.

Raiders interchange forward Ian Hindmarsh is in doubt for this top-of-the-table game with a hamstring injury. Coach Matthew Elliott has Michael Hodgson and Josh Miller, who can cover the same positions, as part of a six-man bench. Cronulla hope to celebrate coach Stuart Raper's new two-year contract with their sixth win in seven games - but the Raiders have won six of their past seven against the Sharks at home.

If Kite and King play and we dont eat their forwards i will probably be in hospital from alcohol poisoning

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4