ARU after Pat Wilson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
FOUR months of upheaval at Australian Rugby Union headquarters continued yesterday with confirmation that one of the men who selected John Connolly as Wallabies coach is set to be moved aside for a rugby league official.

Several ARU staff members told the Herald yesterday that Dr Peter Davis, the head of the ARU's high-performance unit, was being "offered another position in the organisation".

The Herald has been told the prime candidate to take over Davis's position is the current Manly NRL club's chief executive Pat Wilson.

Wilson is well known in Sydney rugby circles. Before he joined Manly last year he was the Waratahs' general manager of commercial and community rugby. A former club rugby player, Wilson was a candidate for the NSW Rugby Union's chief executive officer position, while he was also on the short list for the Western Force CEO job.

If Pat Wilson goes ,expect a former player like Owen Cunningham to be given the job .

They would have to get OJ out of the Steyne first.

Seriously we have had 3 CEOs in the space of 3 years, we need somebody to committ for a period of 3 to 5 years to instill the cultural change required in the management where they might one day appreciate supporters, members and provide them with the servie that they deserve. Or to put it another get rid of the deadwood.

The way that the Herald reported this makes it clear that Wilson is likely to jump back to Rugby! He has been headhunted!

I would be interested as to what contractual obligations are in place between Wilson and Manly!!!!

It would be nice if he waited till the end of the season - or whenever next season's planning really gears up and this season's work starts to wane.

wonder what we would have to do to get John Quale to take over. he along side with arko are probably the 2 best adminstrators our game has seen

Quayle would be a bit old now and I think he has retired to a farm.

wonder what we would have to do to get John Quale to take over. he along side with arko are probably the 2 best adminstrators our game has seen

Didn't Arko push us toward the JV?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4