Ashley Taylor and possble team next year ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Beaver boy

Reserve Grader
I've seen some commentary about the junior Kangaroos half, and watched him star last week against the Kiwis. Hes got great speed and a good footy brain.

He apparently has had three shoulder reconstructions.

Might be worth a punt. With Hunt and Milford on fire at the Broncos, it's very unlikely he'll stay at the Broncos.

Possible team next year;

1. Snake
2. Tafua
3. Matai
4. Hiku
5. Trbovejic
6. Lyon
7.Taylor
8. Myles
9.Ballin
10.Trbojevic
11. Lussick
12. Buhrer
13. Mateo

14. Symonds
15. Starling
16. Lawrence
17. Sao/Lui

With some serious $$$$$ left in the cap.

I think if we sign Myles and Lussick, DCE will stay and Taylor to play 5/8 moving Lyon back into the centre Hiku to wing and turbo drops out. Turbo will be used for injury cover.

I think if we sign Myles and Lussick, DCE will stay and Taylor to play 5/8 moving Lyon back into the centre Hiku to wing and turbo drops out. Turbo will be used for injury cover.
Have we got enough money to sign the other 3 if DCE stays? Supposed $1.2 million for DCE, $500+ for Myles, have to be around $300-350 for Lussick and probably the same for Taylor. I would assume we have also spent a bit upgrading the contacts of our youngsters aswell.

Have we got enough money to sign the other 3 if DCE stays? Supposed $1.2 million for DCE, $500+ for Myles, have to be around $300-350 for Lussick and probably the same for Taylor. I would assume we have also spent a bit upgrading the contacts of our youngsters aswell.
I think there's a small incremental rise in the cap each year but this may already be budgeted for. All 3 plus the retention of DCE would put a smile on my face...but I realise that may not be realistic.

I think there's a small incremental rise in the cap each year but this may already be budgeted for. All 3 plus the retention of DCE would put a smile on my face...but I realise that may not be realistic.
I think it would be great if it was to happen, would be a very competitive side with a good mix of youth and experience.

Stewart. Trobojovic. Hiku. Matia. Tafua. Lyon. DCE. Trobojovic. Ballin. Myles. Lussick. Mateo. Buhrer. Res. Starling. Hodges. Lui. Symonds. I don't think we will get Taylor and Lyon to 5/8 for his final year . Carney is apparently on tooves radar and as the great player he is I think they should wait on that one because he could cause us some damage off field .Imo. Cheers .

Gutherson 5/8 maybe.
I wish 5/8 was his natural position as it would kill two birds with one stone..maybe the club are exploring all options but Tooves did say he didn't want two rookie halves.
Interesting times ahead !

I watched Taylor play last night V the Panfers under 20's , only downside I can see is he's pretty small and defensively not great , he tended to drift out to the centres a bit when they were defending.

Mind you I'm not sure Under 20's defend at all, the end score was 40-28 to the Panfers.

He'd be a reasonable pick up, not as good as Elgey, but I think could develop well.

I should also add he seemed to be a good organiser, he was barking orders at his team all night.

Sadly with the the shortage of halves we are probably going to have to pay overs for him if we go down that track.

Interestingly he's still contracted to the Donkeys for 2016, they would have to agree to a release ( which they are saying up here will be possible as he's well behind Hunt/Milford), anyway just another option in the melting pot I guess.

As other people have said, after the deadline is when we will announce our signings. Tom T, Jake T and Clinton G did not sign their contracts at the same time, we need to be patient.

The bloody cast of home and away is a possible team for next year.
STONE THE FLAMIN'CROWS!
latest.jpg

I watched Taylor play last night V the Panfers under 20's , only downside I can see is he's pretty small and defensively not great , he tended to drift out to the centres a bit when they were defending.

Mind you I'm not sure Under 20's defend at all, the end score was 40-28 to the Panfers.

He'd be a reasonable pick up, not as good as Elgey, but I think could develop well.

I was thinking the same. Looks small to be thrown straight into first grade next year. Would be offset with a couple of good defensive forwards and playing along side DCE who defensively is just about the best in that position.

Elgey would of been a better signing

I wish 5/8 was his natural position as it would kill two birds with one stone..maybe the club are exploring all options but Tooves did say he didn't want two rookie halves.

Interesting times ahead !

If they can't manage to convince DCE to backflip pretty sure they will go after carney as an experienced half with good kicking game then sign a young half from either taylor, cornish, hastings etc

Very much so, but this kid isn't bad either, both I think will develop into top flight Halves within a year or two , pretty sure Joey knows who is good and bad and he has given Taylor a big wrap.
I would still be very happy to have him on board next year next to dce or carney and a couple of extra forwards. Has plenty of good footy traits about him.

Elgey looked a little reluctant (defensively) in his first few grade games this year. I can only guess it;s a confidence thing...I loved Taylor's speed to make that cover tackle in the junior Kangaroos game last week..He may be of slight build but he still managed to bundle that Kiwi player in to touch. He's also over 6 foot so he should be pretty solid when he fills out.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4