Asian Cup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
So we are getting down to the pointy end

Anyone think we are a chance? I thought we were pretty poor again last night but then again maybe i have high standards

We were very scrappy but Bahrain have a reputation for snagging an upset. Plus we had Jade F***in' North in our team.

I don't know if we can actually go the whole way, the team just isn't playing well enough to do that, however there aren't really many strong teams left in the competition.

I am enjoying watching the national team for the first time in a long time however. Loving the style that Osieck has the team playing in, it's refreshing to actually see us play in a style that suits the players we have.

All we need to do is f*** off Jade North.

Agree that it is fare better than the Pim days

I was worried about the appointment but i am slowly becoming a beliver

I think it comes down to any one of a number of teams now. Iraq, Iran, Japan, Sth Korea or us. I would think that the others are just making up the numbers. I think if we get lucky we could win it, but I would not hold my breath expecting it.

Very happy we got through that game - you would think we have the easier semi

lsz link said:
Very happy we got through that game - you would think we have the easier semi

Yeah, from what I've heard Uzebekistan have been having a great tournament so far though.

It'll be a good game but you'd hope that our squad's experience & talent will see us through. We've got a great shot at winning the whole thing so it'd be a shame to blow it now.

Lets hope the Japan - SK match is a real hit out and leaves them totally devastated.

If our defense holds and we can do a little more with our chances we should handle the Uzbeks easily.

Great showing from the boys, really dominated in the midfield & controlled the game.

The Uzbeks really didn't stop trying until the 3rd goal/red card so it's nice to see us dominate a team like that when they're still gunning for a result.

Don't know why people are acting so down about it, was probably the best Socceroos performance since the Huddink days. Played some very nice football & if we actually had a decent striker pairing we would've put at least two on them.

Kewell bombed quite a few chances (So yeah, back to the old days for him) & Cahill spent more time bitching than trying to actually score. Cahill really proved that he is ****house at everything other than poaching goals.

But when you lose 1-0 to Japan in extra time thanks to Dave Carney not knowing how to defend it's not all that bad. The only shame is that the last of the golden generation probably wont make it to be around for the 2015 Asian Cup, a few of them might make it for the 2014 WC but it would've been nice to see footballers of that quality take home some silverware.

Team is looking very good for the future which is nice to see, great to see Osieck playing A-League guys in the national team & them doing well also. Matt McKay was outstanding during the Asian Cup. Ogmonster have locked down a CB spot with his performance in the tournament & I wouldn't be suprised if Brosque finally gets a run in the team soon, he's all over Kruse & wouldn't have bombed those chances against the Uzbeks' & in the final.

Big priority now for Australia is to get some decent strikers though, disapointed we didn't see more of McDonald & Kennedy TBH.

Not so down about it but it would have been nice to win

Reminds me too much of the dark days when we would dominate teams but not be able to finish them off

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6