Asotasi rumour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
You know it would be piss funny if we pick him up on the cheap and do what we did to Nood and the Rig got them to there former glory or made them first graders.

Souths fans would be filthy (they already are but thats beside the point).

I seem to remember people on this site spewing we got Nood as well labelling him to old.

I still think on his day he is as good as any in the Prop position. However he is a bit like T-REX on the amount of games he plays, plus he is at the end of his career.

Unless a magic transformation happens under the guidance of Manly

Look at Joe now he is still killing it

There's no reason he can't be quality for us. He's beeen there and done it plenty of times. Maybe he just needs resurrection? Joe G is a prime example of what can be done with a sea change and so is Jason Ryles.

Ritchie Fa'aoso anyone?

Stevo said:
There's no reason he can't be quality for us. He's beeen there and done it plenty of times. Maybe he just needs resurrection? Joe G is a prime example of what can be done with a sea change and so is Jason Ryles.

Ritchie Fa'aoso anyone?

I really like Ritchie Fa'aoso, he would be good & cheap signing

Back in the day he was an absolute machine. If you could turn him into half the player he was he would be a gun. I'm not sure if that is achievable though.

He'd want to come cheap. Isn't this forum full of chatterers telling us that our pack is old and getting past its prime? 'Kite to England, King to retire to a law firm and Joe to go to bible classes'. Why get rid of Kite to get Roy? That doesn't make much sense. Plough money into our youngsters.

With Lussick and TRex now headed elsewhere our pack is looking a bit bland for next season.

I don't think we will manage a threepeat.

Wouldn't mind King or Kite moving on if they can get a two year deal in the UK, and if Ballin leaves and Buhrer/Higgins/Fulton to take his place we would have some money for a couple of decent props.

The problem is we would need to identify those players in their mid to late twenties that could blossom with some good coaching at a successful club rather than those who already have a name for themselves.

I am not sure that Tasi would be commanding that much money, I think we are a privileged few who actually realise the potentioal this bloke has.

Shackleton might be a good signing on the cheap with a point to prove, and Roy at 200k would be worth the risk (assuming Souths would top up the rest of what he is owed on their contract.

Souths have been trying to milk Asotasi for all he was worth/paid whereas I think as an interchange forward limited to forty minutes he would be a handy acquisition.

Make no sense at all.

And I aint bagging old guys, learned my lesson when we picked up Ben Kennedy.

How is t - rex injury prone?

Take away this year and it has been pretty solid

Joined in 2009 and played for the Sunshine Coast almost the whole year, 16 tries in 2010 and missed 5 games last year in total

Our rehab boys are the best in the business and maybe we can do a BK and get him fully fit for a couple of years?

Personally I would prefer to sign Fui Fui for a couple of years as he has yet to re-sign with the slime

bob dylan said:
Make no sense at all.

And I aint bagging old guys, learned my lesson when we picked up Ben Kennedy.

. . . and Joe. I was certainly wrong with him, and while I think Roy is way past his best, Joe (and to a lesser extent Ben), showed that Manly mentoring can teach old dogs new tricks.
If he is good value and our recruitment team think he still has the drive then I'd back them to be right.

I really like Asotasi, shame about all his injuries

That said, i dunno if he is who we should be after. Could turn out great on the cheap or could turn out to be a shocker

I wouldn't mind us picking up someone like Brenton Lawrence from the Titans. I like the way he plays and definitely more value than his other off contract team mate who seems to have picked up interest at other clubs in Matt White.

I'd rather take tony puletua or a more experienced big man from uk. maybe joe g can influence the big fella back to oz for a year or two.

Stiffi said:
Stevo said:

Ritchie Fa'aoso anyone?

I really like Ritchie Fa'aoso, he would be good & cheap signing

Tough as nails - gives 100%. I'm with you I'd definitley onsider him

Masked Eagle said:
I wouldn't mind us picking up someone like Brenton Lawrence from the Titans. I like the way he plays and definitely more value than his other off contract team mate who seems to have picked up interest at other clubs in Matt White.

Did anyone see Lawrences game today? I think he'd be great for us.

There is a report that Shackleton is being courted by Penrith. Of course, only about 10% of these 'signing' stories turns out to be accurate.

No thanks to Asotasi, we dont need another pensioner front rower. Bring back Lama Tasi or Brenton Lawrence from the Titans.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2