Assistance in finding Manly players to visit a dying person

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

captainskin

Reserve Grader
I'm not sure if any of you can point me in the right direction. A best mate of many years, who also happens to be a die-hard Manly fan, is about to lose his mum, who also is a die-hard Manly fan.
She is 68 and will die in about a month from Liver cancer. She found out a month ago. Very sudden.
She has gone to most home games and has attended all the grand finals dating back to 95. The family is from Armenia. My mate lost his dad a couple of years ago also to cancer... and now his mum. She is strong and accepting of her imminent death.
My mate leaves his law practice from Parramatta every day at noon to be with her before driving back home to Normanhurst. He is not a member of the forum and he asked me should he go down to the Leagues club to find out if a Manly player or two could drop by his mum's home in Allambie Heights (in the Warringah shire) before she died. I said I would post his request on the forum to see if anyone knew who to contact for such a special visit.
Any suggestions or help would really be appreciated.

Very sorry to hear that news Captain.

I'm sure if you contacted the Club admin/membership people at Narrabeen they could help out. Larissa may read this and be able to help out.

I'm out of the office now till Monday so unfortunately I can't look after this one myself.

Call the club on 9970 3000 and ask for Grace Alder or De Lees. They look after all player appearances so are the best people to talk to.

Best of luck and please keep me in the loop.

Larissa x

Best wishes to your mate Captain. I lost a close relative to liver cancer. I guess each case is different but in our case from diagnosis to gone was under one month so quick action may be required.

SSorry to hear captain, I'm sure the club and players will help one of it's own.

Very Sad news, hopefully something can be arranged, thanks to George for reading the post too.

Best wishes to your mate captainskin

Peaceful and joyous wishes to your friend's Family :angel:

The Lady must have been so happy to see the Mighty Sea Eagles win a Premiership last year :heart:

My thoughts go to your mate captain. It has to be the worst thing that can happen in your life losing your mother. Your a top mate to take the time to try and organise something for your friend and his mum.

captainskin said:
I'm not sure if any of you can point me in the right direction. A best mate of many years, who also happens to be a die-hard Manly fan, is about to lose his mum, who also is a die-hard Manly fan.
She is 68 and will die in about a month from Liver cancer. She found out a month ago. Very sudden.
She has gone to most home games and has attended all the grand finals dating back to 95. The family is from Armenia. My mate lost his dad a couple of years ago also to cancer... and now his mum. She is strong and accepting of her imminent death.
My mate leaves his law practice from Parramatta every day at noon to be with her before driving back home to Normanhurst. He is not a member of the forum and he asked me should he go down to the Leagues club to find out if a Manly player or two could drop by his mum's home in Allambie Heights (in the Warringah shire) before she died. I said I would post his request on the forum to see if anyone knew who to contact for such a special visit.
Any suggestions or help would really be appreciated.
All the very best captainskin. This is where the true qualities of this great game are really seen. I prefer to concentrate on this area rather than the gutter stuff the media try to focus on. Your mate's Mum will get a tremendous boost meeting one of the boys. Awesome.

The club is usually very generous with this things, I organised (a few years ago now) a special thing for a guy who had MS, his name was Todd Cameron. Stiffi (who posts on here), was a good mate, sadly Todd has just passed away but I was so pleased to be able to get a few strings pulled to get him a wonderful day at Beavers last home game. It may well have been the last time he ever saw them play live.

I'd be surprised if they don't help Captain, and cheers mate, having lost both my parents I know what it's like!!

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Guys, you've all been awesome. My mate is very touched by your sentiment. He is following up with whatever leads you have posted and his mum will been blown away if a player(s) is able to see her before she moves on. Seriously, you all have been brilliant. Thank you.

I am sure the club will come through on this. I can see it bringing a huge smile to your friend's mum's face.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7