At full strength who goes?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
Lawrence killing it
Horo improving
Symonds showed his class tonight
Rose has great impact
Gower while his hands have let him down will improve
Sene Lafeo another gooden
Buhrer
Chee Kam

Gower out for King
Buher to the bench and Gift in

leaves 5 on the bench and I cant pick one to drop off. Jamie B is good as a utility but jeez everyone else is playing so damn good! Maybe a rotation policy but it doesnt work for our cricketers.

I can't guarantee King a spot if I was Tooves.
The Reggies might look like a good team next week
Even Gifty is worried.
We might be in a position that players will have to play their way back in the top grade squad meaning a healthy Manly in both grades

I just made the same thread lol.

I don't think our depth has ever been better!

Especially in the forwards.

8.Lawrence
9. Ballin
10.Kite
11. Choc
12. Symonds
13. Gift

14. Buhrer
15. Fa'oso
16 King
17. Galuvao(slightly edging Horo out of a bench spot)

Personally i think this has to be our pack at full strength.

We could field a forward pack without any of these guys and still be competitive.

Toovey and the coaching squad have done an amazing job.

Napper said:

8.Lawrence
9. Ballin
10.Kite
11. Choc
12. Symonds
13. Gift

14. Buhrer
15. Fa'oso
16 King
17. Horo

Personally i think this has to be our pack at full strength.

We could field a forward pack without any of these guys and still be competitive.

Toovey and the coaching squad have done an amazing job.

This, with King starting, Lawrence on the bench

Everyone will get starts injuries are inevitable. Great position to be in.
I wonder if that idiot Tunks will withdraw his contention that we have no depth.

Big decision when King is fit, can you start your co-captain from the bench ??....that's what I'd be doing. Gower will definitely drop off, and I can't see George figuring in the top 17 seeing as though it appears he is on the outer.

I like Napper's side, but I'm taking Symonds on trust from what I saw in his Roosters days. If he backs up tonight's performance with some improvement then he is that LHS replacement for T-Rex. Just shades Horo for impact for mine.

Napper said:

8.Lawrence
9. Ballin
10.Kite
11. Choc
12. Symonds
13. Gift

14. Buhrer
15. Fa'oso
16 King
17. Galuvao(slightly edging Horo out of a bench spot)

yeah I agree with this

Galuvao is a must every week he adds so much heart and experience to the team when he comes on

The Eagle Has Landed said:
Didn't Horo play for 65min before he was replaced?
He was exceptional tonight and so was Lawrence and Fa'osao.
Gower has to go.

Kingy will be back this weekend and Gower will drop off the bench. The really difficult question is who do you drop when Glenn comes back. Assuming Matai is fit our side this weekend could be like this:

1. Snake
2. Tafua
3. Jamie
4. Matai
5. Wolf
6. Foran
7. Cherry
8. Lawrence
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Choc
12. Horo
13. Buhrer
14. Kingy
15. Fa'oso
16. Joe
17. Symonds

Now that is an awesome team, but again, who goes when Glenn comes back.

robbiea said:
Gower & Buhrer can go ...No loss whatsoever..

Gower definitley and Buhrer is still too tentative, so Horo should get his starting spot when Glenn is back.

King will have to watch his attitude to earn a starting spot, as his tendency to get flustered and give away penalties, is a blemish on his game.

Lawrence, Galavao, Fa'aoso and Symonds are a must in the Team.

Loved Tom's upright running and ability to switch the ball into his right hand to give Jorge his hat trick.
Reminded me of Big Ian with his fends. An awesome centre replacement if there ever was one.:angel:

Lawrence for some reason reminds me of David O'Donnel from the 90's.
Absolute workhorse who only knows one way to run - straight at the opposition.

Fa'aoso is Choc with a few added centimeters in height and no bung shoulders/ankles. Can pass off as the Matai and Choc love child in fact :p

Joe and Kite are rejuvenated forwards with the bonus of experience.

The most obvious difference this year is the workload sharing by all on the field.
They still push some passes and misplace some kicks, but you can see the Manly Machine being fine tuned :angel:

Kudos to 2V and his recruitment and training team:angel:

Noticed on the replay that it is Brad Arthur who calmly talks to the Trainers, whilst 2V and the Analysis Team brainstorm.

On form Buhrer might be dropped, he is not really having an impact and was dominated by Broncos and Knights packs. Not convinced is he is a good fill in for G.Stewart.

whilst i think glenn stewie is awesome (and you can't leave him out), i really like the way we've been playing in his absence. horo is great, looks like a new player and runs great lines!
fa'aoso is going great too, i've always rated him, not sure why newcastle didn't want to keep him or storm (maybe cap squeezed him out?) - he goes hard!
i'm just worried glenn will come back and our style will change.

glenn likes to get his crab on!

Buhrer reminds me of Choc and Gift when they started out, they showed potential but lacked the size. Remember they we're not always the units they are now, Buhrer is still a boy and does not have the natural bulk other players have. It will take a few more years before he bulks up - but I would not want him on another side.

You couldn't drop him from the bench, he offers utility value that others can't. But for the life of me I can't work out who goes, it would be Horo or Symonds but both would count themselves desperately unlucky

Can i just say how much of a fan of Ritchie Fa'aoso i am. His aggression in defense and attack is what we've been missing. He makes me squeal.

8. Lawrence
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Watmough
12. Horo
13. Stewart

14. Fa'aoso
15. Gulavao
16. King
17. Buhrer

I'd be keeping Lawrence in the starting side and adding King to the bench to work his way back. Buhrer offers too much to be dropped and has great impact off the bench. Horo was great last night and deserves to keep his spot. Love the fact we have so much depth.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7