Attack

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Our attack in the opposition 20 is not where it needs to be but I see signs of it improving. I like how they have little trick shots up their sleeve like the one where Walker drifted over from behind his man (yes he got flattened but the idea was right). I love the Jamie Lyon try against Souths and I liked Wrights try after some good work from Buhrer and Lyon. DCE pretty much set up a try for Jake T last night only for him to have the ball dislodged and Tom T's cheeky grubber was a smart play.

The idea of the forwards hitting it up in the middle only works if they wrestle hard and get a quick play-the-ball so when Starling kept running one out last night he was continually gang tackled and got up to play the ball slowly. We should be running numbers at the line when the forwards take those settlers so the defence has to stay honest. Obviously you can't be running too many numbers because the rest are preparing for a set play, but watch how Melbourne have bodies in motion on almost every play in the opposition 20.

Also, how classy was that Tom T offload to DCE in the middle of the field towards the end of the match...wow that was classy; looked like Inglis.

And Lyon's play to run it on the last and pop that lovely ball for Tom T to race downfield. For the first time in a couple of years it actually feels like we are a bit of threat from anywhere on the park...it's mainly down to Tom T but it's an improvement on the last couple of years.

Since game 3 this year, our entire backline has been a patched-up affair. Hardly had the same players 2 weeks in a row, with Browne in and out.

When we lost Snake (Form) and Matai, and and DCE, Lyon and Turbo for games, we were always going to struggle with a cohesive attack.

Yep spot on and that's why I mentioned seeing it improve; I think when the same team stays on field the polish will happen and the half chances will turn into tries.

Not enough has been made of Chez's chip and chase try - truly one for the Retro Round :clap:
Capture.JPG

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4