Attacking Cohesion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
What I saw last night was what I commented on at the start of the season. We seem to be somewhat clueless in constructing sets in opposition red zones. We don't have the firepower out wide to really ask difficult questions of opposition defences.

Orford is out of sorts but puts good wide balls to his outside men and nothing is on, without bell. Hicks did some good things but positionally isn't aligned correctly. Had he played an inside ball to Steppa last night there was an easy try, instead of getting out on the first tackle.

Add that to the dropped ball after the break by Kite (I think) and that was two tries we bombed.

Our metre game was fine last night and we had no trouble getting it out of our own territory and into their zone but it was a failure to finish off and put a defence into two minds that frustrated me. Monagahan is too slow with his pass, he tries hard and shows guts but he is not a hookers bootlace. Dunley makes good metres for about 10 mins each half. Orford tried to get involved and his kicking game was much better than last week. However we lack that creative spark that breaks apart defences. Some surgery is needed.

Gus gould commented on this last week against Brisbane suggesting Manly where more likely to score from half way than inside Bris quarter!

It's tragic. Have to say I told you so Canteen. The writing was on the board very early on before I was shot down. Now reality strikes.

What frustrates me is the quicksilver service Ballin gave the side when he played the trials aginst the Roosters.

Seems to me that I see slow play the balls each week. We seem to do better when the service is quick. The go-forward is good then. BK can do it, why the other forwards take an eternity to play the ball is weird and I think this behaviour is seeping out the backline. When we slowly rise the opposition is then set, therefore making it difficult to maintain momentum especially near the try line. Coach's fault really.

OK well i was going to right about how our attack isn't to great at the minute but after reading all these replies you'd think we were sitting last on the ladder with nowhere to go

Are some of you looking for the Souths Forum????

We have lost 3 games in a row and we are STILL in the top 8... Yes, we played like **** on friday night.

But, look at the 2 games we dropped before that... we lost by 3 points to the Sharks who are arguably the form team of the comp at the moment.

Then we lost by 6 points to a then 2nd place bronco's outfit... and had Matai held onto that ball we had the chance to kick the conversion and take the game into extra time.

We are in no way dead and buried guys, out of the 3 games we have lost i believe only the friday night game was a shocker but we played the team who were probably more hungry to get the points as they had dropped the 4 games prior, also this is the team that boasts the greatest player to strap on a boot (my opinion)

I'm not trying to play peace maker i'm just putting everything into perspective for all you blokes who have lost your bundle

Whatever.

Our forwards look lethargic, and similar to the way Roach played in his much later years.

The other forwards should be ashamed of themselves. Look at King compared to BK !!!

We need a new coach.

We need new players.

Im pissed off with how we are playing and some players do need a massive kick up the arse. However im not going to run around crying like a little school kid over things I cant control.

As it stands we are still in the 8 and with the comp as close as it is we can turn things around very quickly with a couple of wins. !pray:

Im pissed off with how we are playing and some players do need a massive kick up the arse. However im not going to run around crying like a little school kid over things I cant control.

As it stands we are still in the 8 and with the comp as close as it is we can turn things around very quickly with a couple of wins. !pray:

I don't consider an attitude like that a winning one. I consider it (with all due respect) an attitude of someone that has followed a team for so long that has lost for so long desperate for ANY success. If we rely on OTHER results to succeed,, why bother mate?

It's also the reason people are so afraid to lose mediocre (not saying you) players etc.

I want to win in everything I do, but I dont see the point in whinging and whinning and stamping my feet about something I cant control thats all I am saying. Whats the point of getting worked up so much when there is nothing you can do about it? Isnt there a saying "only worry about things you can control", or something like that.

I hate seeing Manly lose and I can get very pissed off (even throw things around the lounge room) but I guess I just see no point in harping on about the same old things as it just depresses me more.

Even more depressing is when nothing gets done about them when they're as plain as the nose on your face.

I agree, some problems are even simple for me to see yet nothing gets done :doh:

I guess thats why I get sick of reading it sometimes, it is frustrating knowing nothing will happen.

I want to win in everything I do, but I dont see the point in whinging and whinning and stamping my feet about something I cant control thats all I am saying. Whats the point of getting worked up so much when there is nothing you can do about it? Isnt there a saying \"only worry about things you can control\", or something like that.

I hate seeing Manly lose and I can get very pissed off (even throw things around the lounge room) but I guess I just see no point in harping on about the same old things as it just depresses me more.

Mate, whingeing is how I deal with it. :D
I use these places (forums) to vent, while at the same time appreciating your perception or view on how things should be.

I come on to express an opinion, in hope that I build enough support to actually GET things changed. Look at Monaghan on how this can be done.

Just think, if Monaghan WAS let go, we could have had Ballin playing Hooker, and with an additional representative class forward. Interesting eh?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4