Attention T Rex and forwards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
Next game: look after DCE and especially Foran.
We don't want another Tagataese series of hits on Keiran.
Step up guys.

How do the forwards defend an attacking player, who runs to the line before passing, without giving away a interferance penalty or the like?

If Foran wanted to avoid being hit like that, he could stand deeper, or pass the ball sooner, like he did in the International game.

Him being hit had nothing to do with T-Rex etc.

I could understand if your asking him to avoide the DEFENSIVE collisions, and the big boys tackle.....but really, the balls in Kierans court on how he distributes the ball.

Maybe I'm wrong. Technical Coach or Susan?

I'm sure they would have had a few words with Tagawhaterverhisnameis, but other than that not much they can do within the rules.
Foran is a tough little bugger and takes risks by running so close to the line, I love watchim him play but it's only a matter of time before he gets badly busted if he keeps if he keeps running the same lines.

Are we not all getting a bit carried away here ?

We have played 10 games, and Foran has been belted like that in 1 of them

When it becomes a weekly occurance we should worry about it more

Attention T-REX and forwards. bash Bazeagle when he is sucking up to you for a signature!!!!

Gold Coast had a good defensive plan and it worked well. Shame their attack was poor.

Joey Johns, Dessie and Tooves can assist Keiran to adjust. The kids super tough and still learning.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Are we not all getting a bit carried away here ?

We have played 10 games, and Foran has been belted like that in 1 of them

When it becomes a weekly occurance we should worry about it more

Though Kiwi I bet Wayne Bennett and other coaches were pricking up their attention after last monday and the likes of Daly talking about it so much on the Fox broadcast. Others may well try to emulate Titans smashing approach when playing us...

Had to happen due to Kieran's success and attacking style, and no doubt Des, Kieran, Joey etc will develop the response.... and for DCE too

What a mighty player Foran is - a joy to watch and what great heart and spirit! Go Manly!

The thing is its probably up to Foz to pick & choose when to attack AT the line. The way the fowards can help is win the play the ball so the defence is going backwards - the Titans got away with controlling the ruck many times with Seaeagle players crabbing sideways & Titans laying in the ruck giving the defence the opportunity to rush Foz. Watch when Foz attacks the line after a Choc or Joe direct play the ball -way more effective & the D is lucky to hold Foz let alone put on a shot.

hahaha at the heading ATTENTION TREX & FORWARDS...BAZ you blow me out:D i like your passion..

does he come on here ???? :p

Brookvale said:
Attention T-REX and forwards. bash Bazeagle when he is sucking up to you for a signature!!!!

lmao so true lucky he doesnt come in here

If all the other coaches paid attention, then so did all the refs too.
A few of those hits were borderline penalties and if players considering try it on Foran, then it'll just end up with us getting even better field position, or the opposition ultimately copping a sin binning or a report for their troubles.

Guys come on. Get serious. The only thing that opposition coaches would have gotten out of that is that unlike other play makers in the NRL putting a couple of shots on Foran isn't going to put him back in his shell.

Putting shots on any ball player is hardly revolutionary. It would just about be a given in every game plan that 6 or 7 take it to the line hit him so they don't want to do it again.

DCE maybe i can see it`s his 1st year..
but Keiran come on man :huh: .. thats what NRL is about once they knw they cant do sh*t to him, they wont try him...
bit like Geoff Toovey they learnt, makes em look like pussy`s when a bloke running at a bloke half their size chops them down or gets up from a hit.they get pissed & Keiran is playing it to a tee. he is almost like a tooves only taller :p

There was room for some square ups. Could have done the same to Preston. T Rex could have smashed him on a couple of occasions. Give and you shall receive :)

No idea Ryan.If I got hit like he does I'd be jumping the fence and heading up to the corporate boxes.

Brookvale said:

Gold Coast had a good defensive plan and it worked well. Shame their attack was poor.

Joey Johns, Dessie and Tooves can assist Keiran to adjust. The kids super tough and still learning.
Hey Brookvale, I won't be sucking up, as you put it, for any signatures at any stage.

Get real! Running traffic at a 6 or 7 is a last ditch effort to try to win when you've got nothing else. Bennett won't be doing it and neither will anyone else. We could just as easily do it to Soward. But they would then smash us all over the park if that was the game plan. Look at Lockyer for all those years. The broncos have had a lot of success of the back of people trying to get at him. If intimidating or trying to hurt a half is your entire game plan then you are ****ed! Like the Titans were the other night.

Keiran enjoyed shortening a few roosters up a couple of weeks ago and certainly didn't hold back in telling Brett White what he thought of him in the Canberra game. He obviously enjoys the physicality of the game and I don't think we will see him change his style of play anytime soon.

That said, I'd be more than happy to see a few of our bigger blokes legally getting square with opposition forwards who target our halves.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8