ATTN: Tippers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all,

I am ready for you all to beta test the new forum based tipping competition.
The tips should be current as of this morning, and C&C and I will be updating the points in both (the only difference is the margins haven't been moved across yet)

I want to trial this to see if there are any major issues. So I know it's a big ask, but are you able for the following two or three weeks to enter your tips in both the current competition and the new Beta comp

http://silvertails.net/silvertails/misc.php?mytipper=show_list

There is still some work to do, but I want to make sure the nuts and bolts work. Your current forum login will work over there too.

Cheers and I welcome any feedback.

(this is the first stage in moving us away from Joomla and meaning you only need to login once. I will also be adding a mobile version this week)

Dan

Dan said:
Hi all,

I am ready for you all to beta test the new forum based tipping competition.
The tips should be current as of this morning, and C&C and I will be updating the points in both (the only difference is the margins haven't been moved across yet)

I want to trial this to see if there are any major issues. So I know it's a big ask, but are you able for the following two or three weeks to enter your tips in both the current competition and the new Beta comp

http://silvertails.net/silvertails/misc.php?mytipper=show_list

There is still some work to do, but I want to make sure the nuts and bolts work. Your current forum login will work over there too.

Cheers and I welcome any feedback.

(this is the first stage in moving us away from Joomla and meaning you only need to login once. I will also be adding a mobile version this week)

Dan

@Dan

Once I logged in, I noticed that tipping comps 2009 thru 2011 all had:

"Information - Register"

but both of the 2012 and 2013 comps both had:

"Information - Enter Tips".

Shouldn't the 2013 comp be the only one to add tips and the 2012 comp be "Information - Register" too?

It shows like that as you were never registered for thwm but I should add a close to regiatration to it. Cheers

Hmm I sometimes revise my tips closer to the weekend, do we need to do that with both comps or is this going to cause some issues?

If you have the time please do it will give me a 1 to 1 comparison on scores etc then

The leaderboard is at http://silvertails.net/silveetails/misc.php?mytipper=leaderboard

Dan said:
If you have the time please do it will give me a 1 to 1 comparison on scores etc then

The leaderboard is at http://silvertails.net/silveetails/misc.php?mytipper=leaderboard

@Dan

That link is not working. Also, In the URL that you have given, I noticed that after silvertails.net/ you have written "silveetails". Is that correct or was it just finger troubles on your phone again? :p I tried correcting it to "silvertails" in the address bar but when I hit enter, all that I got was an SQL error stating:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Query:
select margin, scores_bonus, margin_on_leaderboard, is_paid from mybb_mytipper_competitions where ID=

Whoops url is

Http://Silvertails.net/silvertails/misc.php?mytipper=leaderboard&id=8

Looks good Dan. Think i am a bit low on the ladder though lol.

I entered the old one first, then in the new one.

Issue - in the new link my last selection Raiders, came back after the Save as Broncos :huh: All the other selections were correct.

In the old link, after the Save, Raiders remained.

Now off to do the Last Fan Standing Entries - gambling is addictive Dan :p

Dan - I also didn't get the confirmation email - from either submitted entry. Scratch this - it just arrived for the 'old' link entry.

I again, can not find Last Fan Standing link - is it active?
The link in the Sticky part still has the generic Voting table that was being tested by Chip&Chase.

Update - http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Last-Fan-Standing-Comp-OPEN?highlight=Last+Fan+Standing now has the Team selections instead of the generic Vote.

However, my Round 12 - Bulldogs is now marked as my selection for Round 13 :huh:
I haven't yet voted for Round 13? Did it just default to the last Round selections?

There was no vote for round 12. The last man standing atarta again at round 13.

Aa for the email there ia a delay in emaila going out for spam reasons. I have not linked up email on the new system I dont want to bombard everyone yet

HappilyManly said:
Dan - I also didn't get the confirmation email - from either submitted entry. Scratch this - it just arrived for the 'old' link entry.

I again, can not find Last Fan Standing link - is it active?
The link in the Sticky part still has the generic Voting table that was being tested by Chip&Chase.

Update - http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Last-Fan-Standing-Comp-OPEN?highlight=Last+Fan+Standing now has the Team selections instead of the generic Vote.

However, my Round 12 - Bulldogs is now marked as my selection for Round 13 :huh:
I haven't yet voted for Round 13? Did it just default to the last Round selections?

@HappilyManly

The Last Fan Standing poll in the sticky threads section is the current, active voting thread. It was never a test thread and it was always designed to start with voting in Round 13 of the NRL. That's what the thread information said, that's what the poll "question" says, that's what the information in your PM inviting you to enter a tip clearly stated. I don't know how much more clearer it could have been made. You obviously entered a vote for the Bulldogs in that poll at some point without fully reading the instructions. I can't make individual changes to the poll because it means wiping the whole thing, which isn't fair to those who entered legitimate tips. If your Bulldogs selection was a genuine mistake then PM me the team you wish to choose for this week and I will make the necessary adjustment after the Poll closes.

@HaooilyManly it is recording your tips properly just not showing them on the screen properly after entering them. I will fix that soon and hook up the email later. I need to hook it up to user settings so you can opt in and out of the email

Thanks Guys.

I really don't care about the Last Fan etc, just noting what I saw on my screen this morning to help Dan out with testing.

:)

Fixed the display, when I have time I need to re-add the alert that tells you your tips have been saved too, I didn't add the variable properly

would you prefer a PM or an email for sending in your tips

Dan said:
would you prefer a PM or an email for sending in your tips

If you need to send anything, then the email is a single click.

However, the Notification Alert that you have added would suffice.

Hmm I can tie into that eventually I guess I like the email for quick reference though I think an alert or a pm will help

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2