Attn Trent Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

king2213

Reserve Grader
The only thing Manly lacked while Toovey was coaching was the ability to setup field goals to avoid being charged down, and win games at the final stages !

Des hasler and the dogs have won 50% of their games on the ability to properly organize a field goal and close the game !

Yes the players should take charge ! But its up to the coach to drill the field goal situations at training !

That was my only fault with Tooveys coaching !

PLease Trent Barret drill the team on field goals ! :)

( It cost Penrith 2 points today and has cost Manly many in the past ! )

We would have had to have kicked 21 field goals last night to win. A big ask i think.

Maybe that is why we signed Tom Wright as he must be good at field goals.

Last edited:
DCE can kick a field goal from anywhere not a problem
DCE has a great field goal ability, what's lacking in recent years has been the game mgt to get to the right position and set up. DCE is great off the cuff, suddenly bang field goal, not always great at saying to the forwards 'go here go there and by Tackle 4 or 5 be 20 to 30m out'.

I have been an advocate of this for years.

Given most teams score once ever 4 sets inside the 30 on average taking the field goal option makes sense. you will get the point but more importantly get the ball back which means the opposition has to make back to back sets. Sure the scoreboard is slowly ticking but keeping possession at over 50% wins games.

Once this practice is settled then you can field a side with speed etc to tear the opp a new one in the last 10 when the are tired due to all the back to back sets.

Penrith didn't lose on a field goal. They lost because Peachy lost the ball and didn't try to regather it.

DCE can kick a field goal from anywhere not a problem

Thats the attitude Toovey had ! yet we lost many games by 1 point while he was coaching ! We had Foran, DCE and Brette Stewart !

It needs to be coached ! Other wise it will get charged down by offside chasers who wont get penalized ! Then you lose the game, when the other team sets it up correctly and your sent packing out of the finals !

What games have Manly played relying on a FG to win???
Most games been blown away early & not many wins by 1 point....or lost by 1 ???
Need to win the physical contest before worrying about a FG ....most games decided by tries, but if we bitch about goals...the point would be Lyon hitting more 2 pointers....then worry about the 1.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8