Auction Game! Guess the Value!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Zep

Bencher
ok here is the game, i will display an image, u have one guess at how much the item shown in the picture is worth. Please do not look on google for the fairness of the competition.

mn_banana_note_dn102.jpg

Could you call it defaced though? It was obviously in place during the printing process so is it really 'defaced'?

Either way, I had to look it up... suffice to say it's worth more than both the note and the apple the sticker came off combined!

I didn't realise Hugh Grant's father was a past President of the US

Because the apple sticker became attached to the note midway through the printing process.... note that it's over the '$20' at the bottom, but underneath the serial number and stamp.

Fro link said:
Why? you ask Matas.

Because some fool is willing to pay that much for it is why.
  It's a very good example of the bubble in the economy that is going to burst sometime soon. 

more like: the treasury has such a perfect process for spotting mistakes in notes that such a large and obvious mistake going into general circulation is almost impossible. it is like if u find a mis printed stamp from earlier last century

Correct Matas.

So what Zep? by that reasoning a kid with 6 fingers is worth more than one with 5. They are worth exactly the same, they will just be treated differently.

it still doesn't defeat the purpose as to why that is worth 25300 dollars. someone was willing to pay that amount becuase it is rare and therefore worth more.

Thats not what you said previously zep, yes it is worth more because someone is willing to pay it. NOT just because it is rare.

I thought it was a good thread Zep.

Don't worry about these knobs. Sometimes they feel its more important to appear correct and all-knowing, even if it means having a lack of respect for someone's effort and feelings.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2