Aus v India 4th Test

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So does everyone think it will be 4-0 series win ?? I can see the Indians performing better this time around now that the 'pressure' is off. They have nothing to lose and they will be playing for individual honour and in some cases their careers. That's when they perform best as they aren't known for team spirit, they are an inherently selfish bunch. Plus Adelaide will probably suit them a little better, they've come away with a win and a draw at their last two visits.

What about Aussie team selection ? Does Lyon come back in for one of the quicks, and if so, who ? I think we should probably go with a spinner, and it is his "home" deck. Does Starc miss out ? The left arm variation is handy, so maybe they ease Harris back into it, by giving him a rest this time to manage his injuries. The other option is drop Marsh and go with 4 quicks and a spinner. Can't remember the last time that happened (I don't count Smith, White and North as genuine spinners). I'm not sure our top 6 are that robust at the moment, despite the 3-0 result to date. However Marsh's contribution has been negligible, so it's like we are batting with 6 batsman anyway.

Part of me would like to see Tendulkar get the 100th century, and it would be kind of fitting to be at Adelaide the resting place of the Great Don. But I'd also like to see him get given LBW on 99 from an inside edge, and watch his face as he realises he can't refer it. That would be karma, as I understand that he is the big driving influence behind the BCCI's recalcitrant attitude to the DRS.

Id give Siddle a rest, pets see if there young guns can fire without the old head, make Siddle 12th man so he can tell the young ones what to do if required

Indian careers will end in adelaide,4-0

Hads last test.

Lyon for Starc for sure, although Starc is starting to impress me a little bit.

So I can't drop my hate and see it objectively?

I'm not you Fro, unlike you my mind isn't one tracked, the others would have him there as a learning tool, he could help then strategize and envision the plan to take the wickets, bowlers require rotation unless they have a soul patch?

Your mind is one tracked because me saying it makes it wrong and when you die people will remember your hatred and single mindedness, when I die they'll remember my open mind and sunny outlook

But haters gunna hate, its their loss and yours

Learn objectivity, it will expand your horizons

Batsmen can be cocky, bowlers can't be,Haddin is the second coming of jesus (top summer he is having) and Shane is always wrong, oh by the way look at the 2011 prediction thread but before you do call a janitor, because you are about to lose your ****,bitter merkin is bitter but its never to late to open your mind

I actually think Siddle is Rubbish, as i have said a few times, so i agree with you, and i have said numerous times Haddin is on borrowed time, so I actually agree with you on both those.

and I'm far from a hater champ, you need to care to hate.

Ignorance is bliss and I'm ignoring an arrogant merkin, much bliss

lsz said:
Do you honestly think the 12th man has an influence?

He can if he wants his team to win, what ****s me the most is or bowlers never seem to communicate on field, if you see a weakness in a batsman open your mouth

If Siddle breaks down like Watson did, its curtains for his career, is that what you'd like?

Nobody breaks down like Watson, he has raised injury to a whole new level.

which is a pity, he's a matchwinner when fit.

Shane the point is not about resting him or not rather if the 12th man has any influence

You would think all they are is a messager for the coach etc

I think you are both wrong on Siddle tbh

Not in the top 5 in the world or anything like that, but he is a decent quality international bowler and you know what you will get from him.

Fro said:
I actually think Siddle is Rubbish, as i have said a few times, so i agree with you, and i have said numerous times Haddin is on borrowed time, so I actually agree with you on both those.

Did anyone catch Bing saving Haddin? Their second choice (sixers) is so non-descript but I cant remember him tring to pull a Carriage yet this season

How do you go from average to pisspoor in the space of 12 months? It isn't just a bad game, its a number of critical and at the time possibly crucial errors,

Kiwi Eagle said:
I think you are both wrong on Siddle tbh

Not in the top 5 in the world or anything like that, but he is a decent quality international bowler and you know what you will get from him.

Fro said:

Siddle's definitely improved since he started pitching the ball up consistently and ditched that back of a length rubbish. He's also got plenty of heart. He'll never be a world beater though, and if Pattinson, Cummins and Hazlewood remain injury free then Siddle will be great for depth.

You still carry a torch for Katich Volley? I noticed him in the big bash earlier in the week when at the gym. Nearly fell off the exercise bike when I noticed he had a strike rate over 100. Didnt know he had it in him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6